Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Walmart CapOne Denial

tag
arizonahd
Contributor

Interesting Walmart CapOne Denial

Just did an app and was given the 7-10 days decision message. I wonder what I did wrong? 812 credit score last I checked with only about 5% utilization. Curious to see what the reason was. I have two other capone cards but only as an authorized user. 

**edit

Ugh, I just realized all three of my credit reports are frozen. I am guessing that is probably why. I guess I will wait, unless there is a way to call them after I unfreeze whichever vender they are using. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Interesting Walmart CapOne Denial

Not interesting at all lol, you must have sll 3 unlocked to apply. Even for Wally they usually pull all 3!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arizonahd wrote:

Just did an app and was given the 7-10 days decision message. I wonder what I did wrong? 812 credit score last I checked with only about 5% utilization. Curious to see what the reason was. I have two other capone cards but only as an authorized user. 

**edit

Ugh, I just realized all three of my credit reports are frozen. I am guessing that is probably why. I guess I will wait, unless there is a way to call them after I unfreeze whichever vender they are using. 

Usually Cap1 doesn't do recons on their cards since their decisions are automated. 

You might find this useful: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/CapitalOne-Question-Frozen-Credit-Report/t...

Edit: clarification

Message 4 of 8
arizonahd
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Not interesting at all lol, you must have sll 3 unlocked to apply. Even for Wally they usually pull all 3!

Well duh, now that I realize that. At the time it was rather perplexing. I read a few posts mentioning having low revolving credit being an issue with CapOne (aka people who PIF like me). I was curious if that was the issue since that is definetly my MO. 

Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your application!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 pulls from all 3 CRA's, so likely you would need to unfreeze those reports. Good luck! 

Message 7 of 8
arizonahd
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 pulls from all 3 CRA's, so likely you would need to unfreeze those reports. Good luck! 

Yup. I will wait for the letter, unfreeze and do a new app. I almost think they should deny me anyways for being so uppity about it, like "How dare they!". Might help me build a better character, something worth way more than the several thousand I planned to pilfer. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.