cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this really an “offer” from Wells Fargo?

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Is this really an “offer” from Wells Fargo?

I once had a secured WF Visa, closed about a year ago after they never would graduate it. Recently closed my WF checking and tonight signed on to transfer out the rest of my savings to close it too and was greeted with this taking over my screen upon logging in. 

Is this a legitimate offer from WF or more of their standard marketing? It does have a firm APR though no CL shows. 

They have always been stubborn towards me and this isn't a phenomenal card aside from the 18 months at 0%

9EC154EA-AA62-4701-988F-C00A18FC9C91.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this really an “offer” from Wells Fargo?

It's a pre-selected to apply invitation.  Not pre-approved.  If your profile supports it and it's of some benefit, you can decide whether it's something you can pursue.  Aside from the BT promotion, this is their basic, no-frills Platinum CC.

Message 2 of 5
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It's a pre-selected to apply invitation.  Not pre-approved.  If your profile supports it and it's of some benefit, you can decide whether it's something you can pursue.  Aside from the BT promotion, this is their basic, no-frills Platinum CC.

Yeah the no-frills aspect is why I didn't move forward, that and the need to keep myself in the garden with mortgage applications planned during q1-2021. It was the first time I'd had any such pop-ups from WF after several years of banking with them so I found it surprising to see. I know they are one of the banks that are crafty with their marketing to lure applications. 

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I agree.  The mortgage process would definitely be a priority especially if you're looking to do so during 1Q21.  Once you close and the mortgage is funded, you can look for more solid results in the following link.  The initial pre-qualification is SP in the event you want to shop around for some CC products from a variety of lenders.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/List-of-Soft-pull-PREAPPROVALs-New-Link-10-21...

Good luck with the mortgage!

Message 4 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Jkrause702 I am in the process of closing my wells accounts too. I applied for the CashWise because I got the pop up at least 3x weekly when I logged into my account. After 7+ years banking with them, I never had a credit card. They denied me after 2 recons. I only stayed because I liked their mortgage guy and I wanted to get the mortgage and better rates based on relationship but my relationship with Wells was one sided - I give my money and they take it.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.