Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J. Crew/Express CLI wants me to call

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

J. Crew/Express CLI wants me to call

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this? After hitting the luv button on J.Crew and moving from $1k to almost $5k last month now anytime I click the "request credit limit increase" it says "Thank you for your interest in a credit limit increase. To complete your request, we need more information. Please call the Customer Care team at 1-888-428-8810 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788) at your earliest convenience."

Is this for verification purposes?

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: J. Crew/Express CLI wants me to call

My Restoration Hardware says this

I just process CLI using the automated phone system for now on

Message 2 of 6
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I called but it said that it needed to transfer me to a customer representative but since they were closed I'd have to call back 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattayy wrote:

I called but it said that it needed to transfer me to a customer representative but since they were closed I'd have to call back 

Something is going on... Look at CreditAddict's thread on Jcrew.  I think Comenity is now asking permission to pull full reports.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-is-on-to-me/td-p/3816177

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would leave it alone. You got a $4850 limit out of them which should dramatically lower your utilization. Your scores are in the 600's and you have no bankcard with a high limit. Comenity served you well imo. I'd go back in the garden and wait for some prescreened mainstream bankcard offers to come your way.

Sometimes us rebuilders try to push too hard. I would just buy things at random at J Crew, pay them off after the charge posts on your bureaus and chill.

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yes, Comentiy is cracking down on the CLI button. I wouldn't worry about the message...it was a SP..but if you want to try for more, if you call the number, they will verify more info, and tell you that they need to pull a current credit report.

I tried this a few days ago just to see what was going on...I declined. also, they have started adding little verification boxes on certain cards/accts... that you HAVE to check it before preceding with your cli request. Basically you are telling them its OK, to do a HP to see "if" you qualify for one.

Looks like that they are cutting back a little.....Id just chill out for the next 6 months, and then take your chances and agree to it, see if you get a HP for it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.