Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl’s CC MVC upgrade without request

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Kohl’s CC MVC upgrade without request

I just received a new card in the mail from Kohl’s. Totally unexpected. New design, new account number but same low credit limit? Has anyone received this upgrade and was able to get a CLI after activating it? I have been a Kohl’s CC holder since 03/17 and have yet to receive a CLI of any amount. A bit frustrating as I purchase from Kohl’s constantly and love their discounts on clothes for my kids. 

Should I activate the card and request a CLI or just wait for auto love? 

FDF684AB-DD73-422A-873E-0515B28C4B81.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Kohl’s CC MVC upgrade without request

I just got declined a CLI at 6 months. Declined at 3 months also. I'll probably end up closing the card as everything I want to buy there doesn't qualify for Kohl's cash or discounts.

Message 2 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I just got declined a CLI at 6 months. Declined at 3 months also. I'll probably end up closing the card as everything I want to buy there doesn't qualify for Kohl's cash or discounts.

I really wish I knew Kohl’s Secret. Some people get CLIs every couple of months & I haven’t even received one! I really love the rewards and I have saved so much money because of my charge card, discounts and overall smart spending habits but this $300 limit is silly. 

Message 3 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I just bought some ray bans from them and put it on my amex because if I put it on my Kohl's I would be using over 50% of the limit.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive been getting a cli every 3 months

Message 5 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your data points if you don’t mind? Last time I hit the request button they denied me due to my FICO being only 610. I just tried again and denied. I’m so tired of all the denials!!! 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your data points if you don’t mind? Last time I hit the request button they denied me due to my FICO being only 610. I just tried again and denied. I’m so tired of all the denials!!! 

ah i believe they soft pull tu for clis and my TU is always around 730

Message 7 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yeah, I just bought some ray bans from them and put it on my amex because if I put it on my Kohl's I would be using over 50% of the limit.

I I don’t have an Amex account yet. Just savings. I am crossing fingers and toes by February I can be preapproved for an Amex. It will be my last card & I will most definitely be closing any cards that are bucketed, subprime cards and rebuilder accounts. I want to simplify my stash. 

Message 8 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ah i believe they soft pull tu for clis and my TU is always around 730

So my gut and denials are telling me I need a higher TU in order to receive the increase. I just paid over $2500 in CC that will report for the beginning of Nov. hopefully that boost my score enough to qualify for an increase. 

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What else is holding your scores down OP?

Keep in mind that the upgrade really isn't correlated with any type of CLI. Is 610 a FICO score or Vantage?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.