Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley CU App 'In Review' Status uggggg

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Langley CU App 'In Review' Status uggggg

Applied for the Langley CC this weekend and after completing the 'pre qual' steps which were succesful, I got the all to common 'a financial rep will get back to you in two days' message.  

So now I'm waiting - (still) lol 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Langley CU App 'In Review' Status uggggg

Good luck with your app OP. 

How did you get a pre-qual for Langley?

Message 2 of 13
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

I would'nt say its a 'pre-qual' as we know it, but more of a "fill out the app and lets see what you qualify for type of thing" which takes you through the process of checking your quailifications.  During that process, they request an upload of w-2, pay stubs, or other income proof etc. 

From what I have read about them, the pre-qualification steps are pretty accurate (of course that's always open to debate) but overall, that's the process I used.

@YourBestNightmare wrote:

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 13
SumMischief
Established Member

Good Luck on the approval hope you hear from them soon. 

I'm debating on applying for one of their financial products. Can you provided any data points to who they pull from and what scoring model ?

Message 4 of 13
crystal626
Regular Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Thanks,

I would'nt say its a 'pre-qual' as we know it, but more of a "fill out the app and lets see what you qualify for type of thing" which takes you through the process of checking your quailifications.  During that process, they request an upload of w-2, pay stubs, or other income proof etc. 

From what I have read about them, the pre-qualification steps are pretty accurate (of course that's always open to debate) but overall, that's the process I used.

This sounds like an app to me. I never heard of income verification on a prequal and Langley either sends you an offer to accept with a credit limit or you apply.

Message 5 of 13
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@crystal626 wrote:

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Thanks,

This sounds like an app to me. I never heard of income verification on a prequal and Langley either sends you an offer to accept with a credit limit or you apply.

"Not exactly a pre-qual" as I said.

I agree, its an app (soft pull though) so there's that.

Message 6 of 13
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

As a very happy customer of Langley I found it best to apply for a checking and savings first as they will do a HP at that time which is good for 30 days if I remember correctly. Once they accept you for those accounts which took about a day for me if I remember correctly then they usually ask you if you want to apply for any credit product as they already pulled your credit. Seems like I remember they pulled equifax. I have the signature cash back card as well and love it as the 5% categories are monthly vs quarterly like most others are. Gas and groceries no a days need all the % back as possible. Best of luck in your application. 

Message 7 of 13
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

As a very happy customer of Langley I found it best to apply for a checking and savings first as they will do a HP at that time which is good for 30 days if I remember correctly. Once they accept you for those accounts which took about a day for me if I remember correctly then they usually ask you if you want to apply for any credit product as they already pulled your credit. Seems like I remember they pulled equifax. I have the signature cash back card as well and love it as the 5% categories are monthly vs quarterly like most others are. Gas and groceries no a days need all the % back as possible. Best of luck in your application. 

Thanks! I applied for an account as well (after the fact) and got the 'review msg' on it.

They had the 'join option' set for me at the time of application but I accidentally closed the browser 😑. So I applied for a membership from the site.  

We will see. 

Message 8 of 13
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@SumMischief wrote:

I'm debating on applying for one of their financial products. Can you provided any data points to who they pull from and what scoring model ?

They SoftPulled EQ 8 for me. 

Message 9 of 13
Janneman
Established Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

@SumMischief wrote:

They SoftPulled EQ 8 for me. 

I received pre approval offer for their cashback card on my online account with them..I responded by accepting the offer. I got instant message that my application is under review and someone will get back to me within 2-3 days...I got a call from them 2 days later and lady right out stated that they need to do HP even though I got preapproved offer...She said otherwise she couldn't process it...I agreed and got hp on EQ. Got $12k what was offered on preapproval offer.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.