Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Info on PNC CLI

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI requests are SP every 6 months. 

I would assume this is not absolute, correct?  I've seen both sides reported.

It used to be an HP up until maybe 2 years ago. Since then, widely reported and my experience is SP. 

I've seen recent DPs for both so even though your experience is/was SP, I'd still caution folks it can be either and temper expectations, unless they changed their internal policy (like BoA) and decided to officially go all SP for CLIs.

Since @Jnbmom reported DHs results, plus others who have in other subforums, those cannot be discounted regardless of it being widely reported as SP.  

your caution is nothing more than simple common sense on anything credit related, to be frank.  It doesn't matter if it's PNC, AMEX, Citi, etc etc etc that commonly does SP CLIs or even new account approvals in the instance of AMEX, if you make a credit seeking move, an HP is always possible. 

That said, one can anticipate a SP CLI from PNC. Sure, maybe there is some off-chance it will be an HP.  

Message 11 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for Info on PNC CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CLI requests are SP every 6 months. 

I would assume this is not absolute, correct?  I've seen both sides reported.

It used to be an HP up until maybe 2 years ago. Since then, widely reported and my experience is SP. 

I've seen recent DPs for both so even though your experience is/was SP, I'd still caution folks it can be either and temper expectations, unless they changed their internal policy (like BoA) and decided to officially go all SP for CLIs.

Since @Jnbmom reported DHs results, plus others who have in other subforums, those cannot be discounted regardless of it being widely reported as SP.  

your caution is nothing more than simple common sense on anything credit related, to be frank.  It doesn't matter if it's PNC, AMEX, Citi, etc etc etc that commonly does SP CLIs or even new account approvals in the instance of AMEX, if you make a credit seeking move, an HP is always possible. 

That said, one can anticipate a SP CLI from PNC. Sure, maybe there is some off-chance it will be an HP.  

To be fair, the OP is newer to the boards.  I think it's fairly a good practice to let them know what to expect if both DPs are known.  And, this isn't necessarily a common sense factor - that's the reason the OP asked to begin with.  We have witnessed on the boards where a variety of individual's either assumed or did not have up-to-date information on how things are done with some institutions.

So, I disagree with my caution being simple common sense.  If it were, then we wouldn't see individuals asking these questions.

I believe the thread has run the course and @Anonymous can make their own informed decision based on what was presented - it can be either or.  Hopefully SP, but also expect HP.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.