Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get a CSP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to get a CSP.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been wanting to get into the travel card game for awhile but I've been working on my credit. I'm ready to pull the trigger but CK once said I had great odds for a CSP but now it says fair, it is making me a little leery. I'll give you some of my info so you can tell me if it is even worth trying.

income: $50,000

Transunion: 754

Equifax: 752

Experian: 790

No late payments

CO Quicksilver: 0/1500

CO Venture One: 0/3500

Chase Ink BP: 0/10,200

Toyota loan: 14,000

Average Credit History: 1 year 3 months

Inquirys: TU:2 EQ:3 EX:3

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to get a CSP.

If your newest account is at least 6 months old I think you'd have strong approval odds

Message 2 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2020 RAV4 was March 12th. So is that the possibly why it might be lower odds. I'm getting pre approvals left and right for AMEX, CITI and Discover but chase doesn't look good at all. My current cards I use about $1,000-$2,000 a month. My business card I max out monthly. 

Message 3 of 59
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

It appears to me your chances are good...but Chase will make the final decision Smiley Happy . You should get the card only if you plan to take advantage of the SUB ($4,000 in the first 3 months) otherwise you'll lose out on that. Not sure when the pandemic will be over, but few people are travelling. So not sure spending $550 for a card that can't be used to its full potential is a good idea right now...but I have an aversion to any card with any AF. 

Message 4 of 59
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The only additional info I can add @Anonymous is that the "odds" on CK are not necessarily fact based from the bank, it's pure marketing as they get a commission if you apply and are approved.  Those "odds" are based on their own algorithum.

If you haven't already, I would attempt to put more faith in their own pre-qual website unless you want to roll the dice and see what happens.

https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Message 5 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AZ-Jeff 

CSP not CSR

$95 vs $550

And yes, I use cards I feel that are worth it My chase ink preferred gets $10k-20k a month use for work. I want to utilize more than one chase card. One for home and one for work. 

Message 6 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge 

Unfortunately I've tried, currently no offers. I guess waiting one more month till my car has 6 months then pull the trigger. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 59
Remedios
Credit Mentor

When were the three cards you have opened? 

Message 8 of 59
AZ-Jeff
New Contributor

Yes the CSP for $95 is a better choice. Everyone talks about the CSR...If you are using for business then it makes sense. Good luck if/when you apply Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 59
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Credit Karma says I have poor or fair odds for essentially every card I have that is in their database, except for Amex cards that I have very good or excellent odds on even though Amex uses Experian which CK has no access to.

Since you already have a Chase card, have you looked in the Just For You section of your online account?  If you have a CSP showing there with a little green banner and a star or a little black banner showing that you are already approved those are essentially guaranteed approvals, just answer like two questions and you're done.

I would strongly suggest that you consider the CSR over the CSP.  It's a very small hurdle  to make up the difference in annual fee, and the additional earnings on your spending in the first year alone can be big since it earns 3x instead of 2x on travel and dining categories.  If you later decide that the CSR is a better fit, you would have to wait a year become eligible to upgrade.

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.