Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe’s apr - Pre-approval Offer

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Lowe’s apr - Pre-approval Offer

I tried Lowe's pre qual site and it came back with $3000 but the apr is is really high at 26%. I didn't accept the offer, I've also read they start all new accounts at 26%. Is that correct?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Lowe’s apr

Yes.  All personal Lowe's cards are approved at 26.99% APR.    A high APR is not unusual for a Synchrony-issued store card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you are looking at getting a store card with a low apr best not to look at store cards. Lowes is one of rare cards that can start at $300 and you could have a 35k limit within a year . 3k is a vert good sl for this card. 

Message 3 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

They run 0% offers everyday though.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe’s pre approval only showing APR

Has anyone had this issue with the Lowe's pre approval having it only show your APR? When I run mine it shows the apr as well as the credit line there offering. When my girlfriend does the pre approval it's only showing the APR? Not a big deal just wondering if this is a glitch? Would you still consider that a solid pre approval or should it be showing both the apr and credit line like it does when I fill out the app.

Pic below...

3BD834AA-61FE-4729-B2D4-0A23429E5312.png

Message 5 of 12
Mad12345
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowe’s pre approval only showing APR

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had this issue with the Lowe's pre approval having it only show your APR? When I run mine it shows the apr as well as the credit line there offering. When my girlfriend does the pre approval it's only showing the APR? Not a big deal just wondering if this is a glitch? Would you still consider that a solid pre approval or should it be showing both the apr and credit line like it does when I fill out the app.

Pic below...

3BD834AA-61FE-4729-B2D4-0A23429E5312.png

Could you provide a link to the pre-approval page please. I can't seem to find it.

Message 6 of 12
Mad12345
Regular Contributor

Never mind, I found it.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry just saw this - glad you found it ! 

Message 8 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I only use Lowe's for those 300+ purchases, 0% for six months.

Otherwise, it's to receive the 5% and pay it off immediately.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still having issues with the Lowe's pre approval - it initially gave me an offer and apr it was a bit low so decided to sit on it and think about it. Also my girlfriend did the pre approval and it said she was pre approved but looked like it glitched since there was nothing in the box where it shows your limit and apr.

I went back to app again months later since I decided I'd take the card since I've read it grows rather quickly and I can't get the pre approval tool to work anymore. It just tells me there was an issue and I will receive a letter in 5-7 days. The letter comes and says your credit was frozen. I've checked many times over and it's not frozen. I can do any other sites pre approvals without issue. Then it sends me another letter that says your recent application was too soon. I've called in and they said there's nothing they can do on there end regarding the pre approval site and to just keep trying. I told them I'm cerdain my credit profiles aren't frozen. 

Only thing I can think is it Could be from the site using an old pull from when my credit was once frozen , and it hasn't updated yet on there end and is still using that original soft pull from months back  ? 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.