Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's prequal (Synchrony)

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Lowe's prequal (Synchrony)

I've not done business with Synch before, but have sure read plenty about them here.

Was in Lowes yesterday and was considering a new floor in lower level (about $4k). Noticed that I could get 5% off with a Lowes card, so went to prequal page and was approved for $4500. Didn't actually apply and continued to shop. Later that night ran the prequal again, but this time it was 3500. Went to bed. This morning, ran it again and was approved but no credit limit, just an interest rate. Did it again, same thing. 

Anyone have an explanation? I don't want a HP for a 1 or 2k limit. Synch says you can prequal 4x/dy

TU F8 score 700. TU Vantage 770, 2 TU HP,  4/30 + 10/20. AZEO. New cards since 4/1: Amex Gold, Amex Delta Res (not yet on CR), Navy Sig Flagship (not yet on CR but TU HP), curr waiting 14 days for Marriott (Chase) approval 🙏. I was headed for the garden, but 5% of $4k was enough to turn my head. 

Maybe too much activity for Synch? But why 3 different prequal results in 24 hours? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Lowe's prequal (Synchrony)

@W261w261 I checked several times and never could get the amount, just the pre-approval verbiage from the online link.  Idk why some peeps get the full offer and others don't but if you wait a few weeks they will more than likely snail mail you an offer with the amount included.  That's how they did mine recently.  

EDIT: 

@W261w261 wrote:

But why 3 different prequal results in 24 hours? 

(that part I have no idea...sorry)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 8
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Hoisted on My Own Petard!

I came home last night, and for no good reason decided to hit the Synch prequal site again to see if it will provide other numbers. I should have been suspicious when it asked if I would like the insurance product, because they didn't do that before, but I just rocked on, safe (I thought) with the knowledge that they had only asked for the last 4 of my social. I hit <Continue> and the next thing I know I'm getting a 7-10 day letter. WHAT? And then the phone lights up with notifications from Wallet hub, EX etc about the HP that just attacked my EX file. I don't even want a Lowe's card that bad, although the 5% of $4k would be nice.

I have no idea how this happened. How could they proceed without a full SS #(I have no Synch accounts). Maybe because I did the prequal too much in one day? I called the Synch cust svc to stop the app but gave up after 1/2 hour. 

I don't know how this happened but the outcome is definitely not what I expected. And I'm going to look at that HP for 2 years? Arghh. 

Message 3 of 8
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

Hoisted on My Own Petard!

I came home last night, and for no good reason decided to hit the Synch prequal site again to see if it will provide other numbers. I should have been suspicious when it asked if I would like the insurance product, because they didn't do that before, but I just rocked on, safe (I thought) with the knowledge that they had only asked for the last 4 of my social. I hit <Continue> and the next thing I know I'm getting a 7-10 day letter. WHAT? And then the phone lights up with notifications from Wallet hub, EX etc about the HP that just attacked my EX file. I don't even want a Lowe's card that bad, although the 5% of $4k would be nice.

I have no idea how this happened. How could they proceed without a full SS #(I have no Synch accounts). Maybe because I did the prequal too much in one day? I called the Synch cust svc to stop the app but gave up after 1/2 hour. 

I don't know how this happened but the outcome is definitely not what I expected. And I'm going to look at that HP for 2 years? Arghh. 

Creditors can and will pull credit even with last 4 of your social... in fact, they don't even need your social to pull credit.  If they have your name, DOB, and address, that is often enough.

Either QVC or HSN was famous for this -- they would do a hard pull when you indicated you wanted to use their multiple payment plans.

This is one reason I keep my CRs locked down -- no inadvertant HPs that way.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@W261w261 wrote:

I've not done business with Synch before, but have sure read plenty about them here.

Was in Lowes yesterday and was considering a new floor in lower level (about $4k). Noticed that I could get 5% off with a Lowes card, so went to prequal page and was approved for $4500. Didn't actually apply and continued to shop. Later that night ran the prequal again, but this time it was 3500. Went to bed. This morning, ran it again and was approved but no credit limit, just an interest rate. Did it again, same thing. 

Anyone have an explanation? I don't want a HP for a 1 or 2k limit. Synch says you can prequal 4x/dy

TU F8 score 700. TU Vantage 770, 2 TU HP,  4/30 + 10/20. AZEO. New cards since 4/1: Amex Gold, Amex Delta Res (not yet on CR), Navy Sig Flagship (not yet on CR but TU HP), curr waiting 14 days for Marriott (Chase) approval 🙏. I was headed for the garden, but 5% of $4k was enough to turn my head. 

Maybe too much activity for Synch? But why 3 different prequal results in 24 hours? 

I applied for the card earlier this year.  They gave me about $3K.   I called them the next day and told them I wanted to remodel my bathroom and needed more CLI.   I told them $20K when he asked how much.   They came back with $17k!   Moral to the story apply, whatever they give you call customer service tell them you need more money and they normally will increase it for you.

Message 5 of 8
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Well, the resolution was all right. The 7-10 letter arrived, v thin. But they just wanted to verify my identity. This consisted of a texted code. Once done, approved at 4500.

Message 6 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Since OP has been approved, this thread is closed for additional messages. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.