Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX CLI confusion

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Macy's AMEX CLI confusion

I find it funny that these are the reasons that Macy's is using to deny my CLI

• Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high (Navy Fed card has a 12k balance reporting and everything else is 0)
•Time since the most recent account opening is too short (This was the last account I opened)
•Length of time accounts have been established (AAoA is over 10 years)
•Too many inquiries last 12 months (you got to be kidding, right?)

I will keep knocking on the door until someone answers. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX CLI confusion

@1GaDawg85 Are you only requesting online?  Have you called?  If not....... I think what it is is that Macy's wants you to phone home.  They want you to call them and take a hp upside the head.  I might be wrong but it smells stinky like that....kinda like what I went through with them.  After that first hp, it was (almost) like clockwork requesting cli's online.  But before that....crickets.

I took a hp and got $5k for my first cli.  After that it was not exciting. (turned sour) $1.5k here, $1.5k there. Smiley Frustrated  I mean it grows faster than anything else (besides Bloomingdale's) but when I see $3k-$5k a pop for other's I was like $#@!

I'm not advising you to take a hp for a cli, just sharing a worthless tidbit.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@1GaDawg85 Are you only requesting online?  Have you called?  If not....... I think what it is is that Macy's wants you to phone home.  They want you to call them and take a hp upside the head.  I might be wrong but it smells stinky like that....kinda like what I went through with them.  After that first hp, it was (almost) like clockwork requesting cli's online.  But before that....crickets.

I took a hp and got $5k for my first cli.  After that it was not exciting. (turned sour) $1.5k here, $1.5k there. Smiley Frustrated  I mean it grows faster than anything else (besides Bloomingdale's) but when I see $3k-$5k a pop for other's I was like $#@!

+1

There has been more than a couple who were required phoning before CLI train could continue the monthly ride.

Message 3 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@1GaDawg85,

I grew (2) Macy's cards (one store card and one Amex) to $25K each,

I believe it was just around a year or less for each one. I asked for a CLI every 31 days.

Had a few CLI denials along the way.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Macy-s-Amex-CLI-quot-SP-quot-7000-00-Approved...

ETA: I always asked for $8000.00

ETA #2: Except the last CLISmiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

$8000 was my magic number too!  Worked for me

Gearing up for the same with Bloomies in a few weeks. Lower expectations but we'll see

Besides, 8 just feels like a lucky number 🪄🎉8️⃣

Message 5 of 6
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Yeah I'm not taking a HP when I'm starting the mortgage process. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.