Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy’s CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy’s CLI

I have my store card waiting in the mailbox now. 500sl. I will register my account online tonight. 

when can I / should I request a cli? I've read I should request 25k and they should counter. Is that true? (Annual income 72k). I didn't make any purchase with it yet but I plan to use it monthly for small purchase as I'm finally getting in shape and need to look sharper 😎. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy’s CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I have my store card waiting in the mailbox now. 500sl. I will register my account online tonight. 

when can I / should I request a cli? I've read I should request 25k and they should counter. Is that true? (Annual income 72k). I didn't make any purchase with it yet but I plan to use it monthly for small purchase as I'm finally getting in shape and need to look sharper 😎. Thanks!

You can request one every 31 days from your online account. Also ask for 25k each time. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrat's on your new Macy's card

Once you register it, you'll need to wait 31 days and preferrably if a statement has generated in that time.  If a statement cuts in just a few days, do yourself a favor and get a full statement to process.  When you request CLI's, you can proceed online but the first time you do, it may notify you that calling in is necessary.  Don't worry...call in and ask, they should tell you it will be a SP to your credit...they can also tell you that...if they say they can't proceed with a SP, then I would give it another month.  After you get your first CLI from them...you should not have to call in any more, you should be able to complete online as SP and get to $25K without POI or another HP.  These things are always YEMV.

Considering your starting SL is $500, you "can" ask for $25,000 each and they usually do counter and say, "Unfortunately, we can't grant your request of X but can increase you to Y"

Good Luck

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the details! So I created my online account, clicked on the credit limit increase, thinking it would open a new page.... and no! I got right away to the 7-10 days letter notification! 

didn't want to do it. 

anyway, a statement already closed on the 01/13. I will wait 31 days now.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

Welcome to the forum and congrat's on your new Macy's card

Once you register it, you'll need to wait 31 days and preferrably if a statement has generated in that time.  If a statement cuts in just a few days, do yourself a favor and get a full statement to process.  When you request CLI's, you can proceed online but the first time you do, it may notify you that calling in is necessary.  Don't worry...call in and ask, they should tell you it will be a SP to your credit...they can also tell you that...if they say they can't proceed with a SP, then I would give it another month.  After you get your first CLI from them...you should not have to call in any more, you should be able to complete online as SP and get to $25K without POI or another HP.  These things are always YEMV.

Considering your starting SL is $500, you "can" ask for $25,000 each and they usually do counter and say, "Unfortunately, we can't grant your request of X but can increase you to Y"

Good Luck

That's where I started. $500 + $2500 + $8000 + $15500 + $21500 to it's king status of $25,000. All achieved in under a year! 

Message 5 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the details! So I created my online account, clicked on the credit limit increase, thinking it would open a new page.... and no! I got right away to the 7-10 days letter notification! 

didn't want to do it. 

anyway, a statement already closed on the 01/13. I will wait 31 days now.

Keep with it.  Considering your $500 SL, they are likely cautious with you at this moment. 
Asking again in 31 days doesn't hurt 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I had a secured card with citi 2 years ago that got closed (late payment...) (paid off since 2 years now). So that's probably why.

But I've read in an other tread that they used EQ for cli. Is that for everyone? They pulled EX for my app.

Message 7 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

To my knowledge, yes

Message 8 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

@Anonymous  the same exact thing happened to me when I created my online account. I was just checking out the layout and I clicked on the increase button thinking it would take me to another screen but nope, it apparently submitted a request! Oops. That's ok bc I waited for my second statement to cut (yesterday), called in this morning and was granted a SP CLI. So I would just sit tight for your second statement to cut!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.