Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys application status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys application status

Yesterday I call to check macys application status, and the late told me that my application process is moving and that I will receive a notification in 7-10 days. Is that a decline?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys application status

Could be , just might be a verification letter as well. Keep us updated, hope its verification thoughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application time

what's the waiting period to wait to reapply for macys card after being denied? I really want that card.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Application time

Do you know the reason why you were denied? Once you know why you were turned down, you then can work on whatever it is they require you need or whatever your shortfall is and then maybe apply again in 3-6 months.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yesterday I call to check macys application status, and the late told me that my application process is moving and that I will receive a notification in 7-10 days. Is that a decline?

This happened to me a few days ago, Did you receive the letter?  Was it a decline?

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as mentioned above, look into the reasons listed on the letter you received to optimize your chances when you decide to apply again down the road.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
OP, as mentioned above, look into the reasons listed on the letter you received to optimize your chances when you decide to apply again down the road.

I have not received the letter yet.  But will definitely review the reasons (if denied) than work on credit file for a better chance when apping again in 3 or 6 months. 

Message 7 of 11
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

I believe the Macy's credit card is issued by American Express. That means you must wait at least 30 days from the date on the letter before applying again.

However, I wouldn't give up all hope just yet. If you've never had a card with Amex before, there's a good chance they're just sending you a letter asking you to verify your identity. Good luck!

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DangerNoodle - the Macy's AMEX is not issued by Centurion Bank. It's issued by DSNB, a division of Citi. It just uses the AMEX network.
Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As is the regular Macys card.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.