Did you mean: 

Marvel MasterCard Approval Odds?

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel MasterCard Approval Odds?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys!

Long time lurker here, posting for the first time so take it easy on me Smiley Happy

I’m wondering what my approval odds are for the Marvel MasterCard since it offers 3% cash back on theme parks/dining and I spend a considerable amount of money on both these categories every year.

My credit history started in March of this year, I’m 25, 30k income.

My first card was Discover It opened in March with a $1750 SL (I have gotten it up to $6800 with generous use of the luv button).

My second card was an AMEX BCE opened in April with a $1000 SL (was just recently auto-CLI’d to $3000 earlier this month).

My third card was a Capital One platinum MasterCard opened in May with a $300 SL. I got it PC’d to a Quicksilver with no AF and just recently got my credit steps increase to $500.

My fourth card was a U.S Bank Cash+ VISA Signature opened in October with a $500 limit. Sad, I know. Tried reconning the SL but no dice. They want to see 6 months of history first.

My fifth and final card so far is a Chase Freedom, opened in October with a $600 limit. This is the card I don’t even want to start poking the bear with so I didn’t even try poking the bear with a SL recon or CLI.

My AAOA is about 4 months with my longest account being Discover at 8 months and my TU FICO and EX FICO are 715, 700, respectively. My utilization across all my accounts varies between 0-1% since I pay everything off in full each month and the cards align with my regular spending habits.

Do you guys think I have a good shot? Thinking of making this my 6th and final card before I step into the garden for sure.

Many thanks!

Did you app yet?

Based on the DPs on here the sweet spot for approval is around 680 TU8 which was my score when I got mine with a $2K SL.  A few 670ish approvals I’ve also read as well with no recent derogs. Your short credit history is the only thing that would keep me from saying that you’re a 100% approval! I say go for it though!

Good Luck and please update us!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing holding me back from applying is having opened five accounts so far this year and 11 inquiries on TU. They might make a fuss out of it.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been wanting to get the Marvel MC for some time, but based on the info in this thread, it does look like I'll have to grow my TU for a while; even after a year-plus of assiduously rebuilding my portfolio, TU FICO 8 is still stuck in the 660's while EQ and EX are both at least 20-30 points higher.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.