Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick bank

I have had a Merrick card for a couple years now and have not received a CLI since the initial 550 to 1100 after 7 months.

I jsut checked online and I cant find a Luv button.

I just reviewed my online statements and I cant find the annual fee.  But I did see that I have been a great customer and pumping transactions through there every month and paying early and in full, as well as occasionally letting a balance go thru so thay can collect interest now and then.

They should be ashamed!  They have never offered me a CLI and the interest rate is outrageous!  My profile has improved greatly from when I acccepted the card from a prequal and if I dont see some Luv soon, I will be a PAST Customer!

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with Merick Bank since 2007. Started at $750. It was a great card to help with the rebuild. Every six months they gave me a 200-300 cli. I got up to $4050 and last December I started getting abunch of prime cards. I guess Merick was bumbed because I stopped using the card, paid it all off and have not used it since. I did not get the cli after six months like I did since 2007.

I'm keeping it open for at least another year or so. Basically when all my new prime cards reach the two year mark, then I will shut it down. The 4 dollars a month is not really a big deal right now.

Pat

Message 22 of 27
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm... I do not have a monthly maintenance fee. I haven't used the card four or five months now.

Message 23 of 27
devineer1
Regular Contributor

I just received a pre approved in the mail the other day, I filled the form out and they told me they would be in touch shortly, My cousin said they did the same to her and she received the card in the mail. Is this the norm with them?

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I too just got a Merrick preapproval (1750 to 2500 after 7 on-time payments). I am doing great with my rebuilding but would like a fourth revolver to replace my Credit One (yes, they are terrible, and no I haven't taken their CLI "offers," just biding time until I can get a good replacement revolver then I will TRASH THEM!)

Just to confirm, anyone know if they will HP or SP if I accept the preapproval? I don't think the INQ will hurt me that much (I only have 2 or 3) but I like to know what I'm getting into. An HP for a PREapproval seems ridiculous, but I know it happens.

Anyone have (recent) experience?

It would be a hard pull, most likely Transunion.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sreneesa wrote:

Hmmm... I do not have a monthly maintenance fee. I haven't used the card four or five months now.

Not all Merrick cards have fees.

Message 26 of 27
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Have you considered capital one? I almost took up Merrick's double your offer, but I already had two CApital ones and was in credit steps. I went from 300 to 3300 in 6 months. Plus, there were less fees.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.