cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini spree or just one app and wait 6 more months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini spree or just one app and wait 6 more months?

Hi,

I am joining NFCU and have decided to app for the cash card in the process. There are a few other cards out there I have had my eye on and could either app them the same day or two from NFCU or wait maybe 6-7 months.

My applications would go as follows:

NFCU Cash Back. I have a cap1 QS that pays the same1.5 but the QS is an upgrade from the Plat rebuilder. This card will be 1yr in Oct. 300 sl now 1k

USA Bank Cash: for 5% cell bill (150ish in savings yearly)

NRA Card: 5% gas (I have the citi costco, however thats on gas 4% $7000 dollar spend cap)

Cabelas Club: Free Dump fee for RV

I could wait on the last 3 for a few months, having the cellphone bill discount would be nice to start sooner.

My scoures are TU 681, EX 679, EQ 659,... idk about EQ scoring. I have 12 inqs on TU, 11 on EXP, 5 on EQ and many new accounts over the last 12 months. AAOA is 2.6-2.8

As an aside I have sky blue eyes and enjoy long walks on the beach

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini spree or just one app and wait 6 more months?

What's your utilization like (highest individual percentage, aggregate percentage)?

Your AAoA is still 6ish months away from crossing into the 3 year mark so that's a long wait.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My overall utilization is 12 percent, this will drop to 8 percent in October. I had citi post while I was on Vacation. My higest uti is 36% which is also on that Citi Costco card. My next highest is 21% and is a 0 interest 18 month appliance finance.

Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Cabelas Visa  is in the process of being taken over by Capital One. Card rewards might be restructured

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.