Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW policy for AMEX Applications for existing card holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW policy for AMEX Applications for existing card holders

@Cmikul wrote:

I thought the SP was only on cards thru the AMEX site....PRG, Plat, BCE and the like. 

I would've never even thought that  a Delta, Dillard's or SPG card could be a SP.

This was through the AmEx site for the HHonors Surpass.  Even on an incognito browser, when I entered my info it recognized me as a cardholder, made me log in, and asked which of my current cards I wanted them to pull information from. 

When getting HP before I've gotten alerts from CK or CCT within a couple of hours of applying.  Maybe this will end up being a HP too but it's been four days with no alerts. I called the app status line and they said the decision to decline me was made yesterday.  We'll see.

Message 11 of 42
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I found that today. I applied yesterday for the Plenti AMEX and the Green AMEX and they hard pulled Experian and Equifax. My scores are lower but decent. After some address verification i got the Green AMEX. At least I'm on the AMEX family.

It's always a HP for new Amex cardholders.  The OP is mentioning HPs on declines after you already have an Amex.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 12 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Got to be careful about stating new policy.. Sure a HP can happen with a decline if you are an existing cardmember as this has happened to some, but more-so denials are SP's.  I wouldn't say this is a policy change at all.  CSR's are clueless as most of us know.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dunno man. 4 different reps?? They can't all be wrong. 

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh but they can. lol
Message 15 of 42
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I cant speak for co branded cards. But DH applied last night for a CLI on his ED card - denied no HP

Applied for BCE last night- went into review and then denied. No HP. Received decision electronically. They used a SP from last month, and denied for need more experience with current accounts.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 16 of 42
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Forgot to mention he was signed in when he applied for BCE, not sure if it makes a difference or not.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 17 of 42
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I applied for the Hilton honors express card got approved . Pulled Experian.
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this isn't true. First backdating now this ?
Message 19 of 42
ddemari
Super Contributor

I applied for Hilton Honors Amex on Monday. Declined but no hard pull seen on my reports from Credit Secures experian equifax and transunion monitoring. 

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.