cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AMEX

tag
Finendandy2

NFCU AMEX

Will previous BK7 impact my ability to qualify for NFCU AMEX?  I had a Delta Skymiles card and burned AMEX (not proud of that) for about $10K.  I hear AMEX has a long memory and is not very forgiving.  Credit scores are steadily improving with the big 3 credit agencies all reporting slightly over 700.  I have several cards now to include a NFCU Platinum with $25K SL and a FL Credit Union with a $8K SL.  Annual income in the $130K range with little CC debt....<$200.  Appreciate any perspective the forum has to offer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU AMEX

@Finendandy2 wrote:

Will previous BK7 impact my ability to qualify for NFCU AMEX?  I had a Delta Skymiles card and burned AMEX (not proud of that) for about $10K.  I hear AMEX has a long memory and is not very forgiving.  Credit scores are steadily improving with the big 3 credit agencies all reporting slightly over 700.  I have several cards now to include a NFCU Platinum with $25K SL and a FL Credit Union with a $8K SL.  Annual income in the $130K range with little CC debt....<$200.  Appreciate any perspective the forum has to offer.

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

NFCU AmX is a cobranded card and therefore is not on the AmX platform. Since you’re already in with NFCU, approval will be based on the type of credit profile NFCU is seeking. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU AMEX

Just curious, do you get any results from Amex prequal site?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.