Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Account Opened Last Week

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Account Opened Last Week

My DW and I opened an account with NFCU last week and I received my account access info in the mail today. I was able to access my online banking. Now I'm debating should I apply for a card. I'm currently gardening, but NFCU is one of the cards I want. The CO items I paid off earlier this month have all fallen off of my credit report. My TU score recently jumped above 600. What time do???

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Account Opened Last Week

You can use the pre-qual tool to see if you get anything. Personally, I waited 90 days before I applied because I was worried they would give me a low SL because of their internal scoring. 

Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My DW and I opened an account with NFCU last week and I received my account access info in the mail today. I was able to access my online banking. Now I'm debating should I apply for a card. I'm currently gardening, but NFCU is one of the cards I want. The CO items I paid off earlier this month have all fallen off of my credit report. My TU score recently jumped above 600. What time do???

@Anonymous, Personally I would call NFCU for a Pre-Approval, as the on line tool is not very accurate.

I say if you want in and want to grow with Navy,  start now!!!

Do not be discouraged at whatever limit they start you out on the first card.

Some good info can be read here, and you do not have to start at page 1.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/td-p/3419729

Message 3 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck with Navy and let us know what you decide

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Rewards Card. It wasn't the SL I wanted. However, based on everything I've read here it will grow. I'm just glad I was approved. Now, I plan to garden for another year until it's time to buy a house. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Congrats on the new Card!! 

Message 6 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the Rewards Card. It wasn't the SL I wanted. However, based on everything I've read here it will grow. I'm just glad I was approved. Now, I plan to garden for another year until it's time to buy a house. 

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval ...

Message 8 of 11
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! Treat nfcu good and you'll be rolling with in higher limits soon!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you manage to get access to a membership? I or immediate family members doesn't serve for the military. how do I get managed to open an account?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.