Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Question

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

NFCU CLI Question

So DW accidentally got a secured NFCU card last year; a few months later she app'd for the More Rewards card and got it (this was Oct 2021).  The secured card finally graduated this month, which is also 3 months after she got the second card. Is she eligible for a CLI (since 3 statements have been cut for the More Rewards card) or does the secured card graduation screw that up? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Question

@difringe wrote:

So DW accidentally got a secured NFCU card last year; a few months later she app'd for the More Rewards card and got it (this was Oct 2021).  The secured card finally graduated this month, which is also 3 months after she got the second card. Is she eligible for a CLI (since 3 statements have been cut for the More Rewards card) or does the secured card graduation screw that up? Thanks!

Navy cli are per card not per account so she is good to go if she has completed her 3 statement/ 90 + days on her More Rewards card. 

Message 2 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As long as there have been 3 FULL statements (25+ days in billing cycle). Note that while the More Rewards is eligible for a CLI (assuming 3 full statements), the graduation (and subsequent CLI?) on the secured card may affect the outcome of said CLI request.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 5
difringe
Established Contributor

Thanks for the responses! The secured card did have a CLI upon graduation (from $200 to $2000).  I submitted the request for her and it didn't come back instantly with an approval, said they had to review something or another. I'll update when I've gotten a response, it had been 96 days and there had been 3 statements, so we'll see.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@difringe wrote:

Thanks for the responses! The secured card did have a CLI upon graduation (from $200 to $2000).  I submitted the request for her and it didn't come back instantly with an approval, said they had to review something or another. I'll update when I've gotten a response, it had been 96 days and there had been 3 statements, so we'll see.

Yes keep us updated. Just a heads up though: they may not communicate anything whether approved or denied. Oftentimes they'll quietly grant the CLI, or quietly deny it with no notification either way. 

Also, just out of curiosity, how did your wife accidentally apply for a secured CC?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.