Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI and second card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI and second card

I thought I would share my expereince with NFCU  I have been trolling this site for about 3 months.

I’ve had my Cash rewards with a 5k limit since 2/12/18. I applied on (5/10) 91st day for CLI and was denied.  Also, I applied for LOC and was denied.  I appled today (91st day) for CLI and received the 24 hour notice (currently still pending).  I said wth let me apply for a second card (NFCU Go rewards).  I was insitantly approved for 15k.  Horray!!!  Thanks again to this message board.  They did a TU hard pull for the new card.  Funnt thing here is I have many HP on my CR recently as I applied for everythign under the sun.  My first NFCU card is maxed out (5k).  MY scores accross the board are 590's and reported income of 85k. I hope this info is helpful to all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI and second card

That's good news and a nice SL.

Not to be rude but why would you app for another card when you're at MAX with the first $5000. card?

I don't know your personal business but just want to advise you to be careful.. Maxing a card and moving on to another with an even higher SL without paying down/off the first can get one in to big trouble, quickly..

I know from personal experience about 10 years ago...

Anyway- Congrats... 

CHEERS

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job. As you can see I come plays a huge part in their decision as being in the 590's usually entail a Credit One journey. 15k is an amazing sl. As stated be careful to not dig yourself too deep in debt with Navy. They dont liked to be burned. Though Navy has no problems approving someone with 5k maxed card, I know cuz I carry 5k currently but on a 12.5 k card, other banks wont like it. Great job again and thanks for sharing your story. Please post your data points and stats in the Navy thread to help others in your position. ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question.  I just applied out of a whim, and hopes of having a card I can transfer all balances to.  I maxed other NFCU card becasue I transfered Credit One, Cap One, First Premier, and made a few stupid uncessesary expenditures along the way.  I am very focused now, and do not need anything.  Outside of clearing up all remianing balance transfers I will use this card for the rewards perks, and pay it off in chunks with every payday.  I shoud have all cards paid off/down by the end of this year.  This board has and continues to be helpful on getting out of can't get approved for anythign status. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good question.  I just applied out of a whim, and hopes of having a card I can transfer all balances to.  I maxed other NFCU card becasue I transfered Credit One, Cap One, First Premier, and made a few stupid uncessesary expenditures along the way.  I am very focused now, and do not need anything.  Outside of clearing up all remianing balance transfers I will use this card for the rewards perks, and pay it off in chunks with every payday.  I shoud have all cards paid off/down by the end of this year.  This board has and continues to be helpful on getting out of can't get approved for anythign status. 

Congratulations! Hope everything works out for you. I trolled these forums for a long time before I jumped in. I learned a lot and many people on here try to look out for you if you welcome advice.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.