Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Help

So I finally was able to become a member for NFCU. As soon as my membership was approved, I decided why not apply for a credit card and a CLOC. The credit card was instantly approved but the CLOC was pending my pay stubs.

ADP made an error on one of my pay stubs and shows the wrong YTD and I accidentally sent those. When I noticed, I resent the revised version. They are now asking me to go to a branch and show the originals. The nearest branch is about 2 hours from me and really don't want to take the trip. I'm thinking of just letting the inquiry go to waste, wait a couple months and apply again but I'm scared they will keep asking me to go to the branch for future apps or flag my account. 

Help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Help

Welcome to the board.  NFCU can be very tough and if you don't follow their instructions, they can make your life pretty miserable.  Your best bet now is to call, explain and have them cancel the application. That way, your account isn't flagged.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd resend,plead my case one more time😐....if no go??? Looks like you got a road trip coming up...IMHO...the trip is worth banking with one of the best banks in America😃
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and as per the rep, they cancelled the app for my "security". Told me I can reapply but it'll most likely go into review again, I guess I'm going to have to wait a couple months.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

😵Major bummer😵
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on becoming a Member!

Sorry about the error, and the cancellation of your approval.

Consider opening a savings account, and putting some money in it. It is not going to hurt you in their eyes.

When you are ready to proceed again, in a couple of months, they will better know you, see you acting as a good member putting assets in.

Everything should then move forward creating a wonderful & mutually beneficial long-term relationship!

Joanaax16 wrote:

So I finally was able to become a member for NFCU. As soon as my membership was approved, I decided why not apply for a credit card and a CLOC. The credit card was instantly approved but the CLOC was pending my pay stubs.

ADP made an error on one of my pay stubs and shows the wrong YTD and I accidentally sent those. When I noticed, I resent the revised version. They are now asking me to go to a branch and show the originals. The nearest branch is about 2 hours from me and really don't want to take the trip. I'm thinking of just letting the inquiry go to waste, wait a couple months and apply again but I'm scared they will keep asking me to go to the branch for future apps or flag my account. 

Help!

Message 6 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I personally would take the time, plan a day trip and go to the branch, and get it squared away...I def. would not waste the pull.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They canceled the app so it would be another pull. Smiley Sad not worth it at this point I think
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They canceled the app so it would be another pull. Smiley Sad not worth it at this point I think

While I understand it is disappointing, unless you had some specific plans for the line of credit right away, I'd just wait it out for 3 months or so and reapply.  By then thru your use of the credit card you will have established a payment pattern with them and that will help you with the CLOC approval and hopefully get the max of $15K.  In the future if they request something be delivered to a branch, I'd make the trip because as YIM wrote above they can be a pain if you don't provide them requested documentation.

Anyways congrats on the credit card approval and welcome to a great credit union.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.