Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU internal limit

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

NFCU internal limit

I recently requested a CLI on my CashRewards w/ NFCU. I asked for $19k and got approved for $17.5. I got a letter yesterday saying I had reached their maximum internal credit limit. Bummer. It is good to know though. Can someone confirm that this limit is across all products? Meaning if I applied for a different CC I'd likely get denied. Does my CLOC count towards this internal limit?

TIA

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU internal limit

@Kennie02 wrote:

I recently requested a CLI on my CashRewards w/ NFCU. I asked for $19k and got approved for $17.5. I got a letter yesterday saying I had reached their maximum internal credit limit. Bummer. It is good to know though. Can someone confirm that this limit is across all products? Meaning if I applied for a different CC I'd likely get denied. Does my CLOC count towards this internal limit?

TIA

No that's you max for right now. I don't believe Clocis included in the overall 80k you can achieve through cc but it maybe in evaluating ones total credit exposure internally with Navy. 

Try again in 6 months on the approved card, your max may have changed and they may approve you for another increase.

Message 2 of 6
DCSportsJunkie
Established Member

I can confirm, as @AverageJoesCredit stated, this is only the current credit limit that NFCU is willing to extend at this time. You can try requesting again, at a later time, to see if your internal limit has changed based on your review at the time of the request. I requested a CLI for my GoRewards and got the same reason for denial. Requested a CLI about 2 years later and was granted a $5K increase. Keep your head up!

Authorized User Accounts:
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@DCSportsJunkie wrote:

I can confirm, as @AverageJoesCredit stated, this is only the current credit limit that NFCU is willing to extend at this time. You can try requesting again, at a later time, to see if your internal limit has changed based on your review at the time of the request. I requested a CLI for my GoRewards and got the same reason for denial. Requested a CLI about 2 years later and was granted a $5K increase. Keep your head up!

Wow! 2 years to request a cli! Here at Ficoland, we push the limits lol at 6 months , or if Miss Disco , every day😆 just joking lol but yeah Navy can suprise. I for sure thought I was max with a heavy debt load  yet my pestering still got me an extra 4.5kSmiley Happy. For sure I'm now at max. ...though I'm sure to keep trying in the futureSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
DCSportsJunkie
Established Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@DCSportsJunkie wrote:

Wow! 2 years to request a cli! Here at Ficoland, we push the limits lol at 6 months , or if Miss Disco , every day😆 just joking lol but yeah Navy can suprise. I for sure thought I was max with a heavy debt load  yet my pestering still got me an extra 4.5kSmiley Happy. For sure I'm now at max. ...though I'm sure to keep trying in the futureSmiley Wink

Haha, right? I've been going about it the wrong way... honestly, I just forgot to ask and then life happened. Instead, I got NFCU card #2 (with a healthy CL), Disco (who I religiously ask every couple of months) and auto CLI on Target. This is all pre-Ficoland membership, of course...won't make that mistake again. I'll be requesting CLI like clockwork now Smiley LOL

Authorized User Accounts:
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@DCSportsJunkie wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@DCSportsJunkie wrote:

Haha, right? I've been going about it the wrong way... honestly, I just forgot to ask and then life happened. Instead, I got NFCU card #2 (with a healthy CL), Disco (who I religiously ask every couple of months) and auto CLI on Target. This is all pre-Ficoland membership, of course...won't make that mistake again. I'll be requesting CLI like clockwork now Smiley LOL

That's a true MF'r 👍 👏 😁

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.