Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

So I decided to open up chat and ask about my past denials on credit cards, I recently refinanced my auto, and asked for a cloc increase from 500 to 5000 was beyond shocked, the csr said you should be aproved for a credit card now since you have the cloc but i'm afraid its to new and i really hate to get another hit as I have a ton.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:

So I decided to open up chat and ask about my past denials on credit cards, I recently refinanced my auto, and asked for a cloc increase from 500 to 5000 was beyond shocked, the csr said you should be aproved for a credit card now since you have the cloc but i'm afraid its to new and i really hate to get another hit as I have a ton.

As you already know, they will HP you again for the application.

Do you "need" the card as an upgrade from an existing card (to be replaced), or do you just have the bug and want it, well, because?  No judgement from me either way!

How recently did you refinance the car with them and when did you get the increase in the CLOC?  What are you current scores/utilization?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I read this earlier it was more of a want so i eent ahead and tryed and got denied i did recently get the cli on the cloc though but i bet my utililization on other cards didnt help Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wish I read this earlier it was more of a want so i eent ahead and tryed and got denied i did recently get the cli on the cloc though but i bet my utililization on other cards didnt help Smiley Sad

You should probably let those HP's age a bit and get your utlization down and then try again.  No idea what your scores are or your credit in general but if your scores are low and credit spotty try a secured card with NFCU and then in a few months you can apply for and likely get approved for a unsecured card.  That is what I had to do about 2 years ago.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks sounds like a plan my fico according to amex is at 621 I have a amex, 3 cap ones, lowes walmart, care credit, ssms club, target, cloc with navy and car loan i have a loan company i owe, man i reslly need to write all this down thats about it i hope but yesh my utilization is not where it needs to be i will definitely garden awhile inquirys i wont even go there
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.