cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

I applied for a CLI a few days past 6 months on my NFCU Platinum card and got denied because a of Too Recent Recent CLI. I think maybe I should have waited for the 6th statement to cut? 

Do I have to wait another 6 months now, or can I try again after the statement cuts? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 121 of 1,526
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Asking too soon doesn't reset the clock. Try again in a week

Message 122 of 1,526
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

I applied for a CLI a few days past 6 months on my NFCU Platinum card and got denied because a of Too Recent Recent CLI. I think maybe I should have waited for the 6th statement to cut? 

Do I have to wait another 6 months now, or can I try again after the statement cuts? 

@JNA1 

Depending on when your statement cuts, if it is within the recon window (which I believe is 2 weeks from the denial -- can someone fact check that for me?), you could try a recon saying that you should now be past the "too recent" window. 

If you can do this, it would be a good data point and possibly save you another hard pull.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 123 of 1,526
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@designated_knitter wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@JNA1 

Depending on when your statement cuts, if it is within the recon window (which I believe is 2 weeks from the denial -- can someone fact check that for me?), you could try a recon saying that you should now be past the "too recent" window. 

If you can do this, it would be a good data point and possibly save you another hard pull.

Recon isn't needed because it wasn't a denial for adverse reasons.

Message 124 of 1,526
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Well, they did the hard pull and it was denied because it was too soon.  I would still try to recon on the grounds that it is no longer too early.  

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... except, perhaps saving a hard pull and coming up with more data for everyone... which is what this board is about.

Has this been tried before and has it been established as biblical canon that it wouldn't work?  

It seems like there are all these rules that people treat as if they are set in stone.  But, at least in my case and @Anonymous 's case, we broke through one of them (thou shalt not be approved before the 3rd full statement.)

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 125 of 1,526
RASULL12
Contributor

I applied for a CLI on my MR card on Saturday. Been checking since and nothing then just this evening saw that I got the covid 4k increase. I was thinking it was declined since it took so long but seems like they are a little backed up right now. It was 93 days and 3 statements when I requested it. This is my 3rd card and highest limit with them now at $29k

Message 126 of 1,526
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RASULL12 wrote:

I applied for a CLI on my MR card on Saturday. Been checking since and nothing then just this evening saw that I got the covid 4k increase. I was thinking it was declined since it took so long but seems like they are a little backed up right now. It was 93 days and 3 statements when I requested it. This is my 3rd card and highest limit with them now at $29k

Thanks for that info and congrats. I sent a request 14 hours ago and I was curious what the turnaround time is. 

Message 127 of 1,526
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RASULL12 wrote:

Thanks for that info and congrats. I sent a request 14 hours ago and I was curious what the turnaround time is. 

My last CLI on my CR took about 5 days to show up on my account, I was sweating that one hard lol. That was back in January. 

This Saturday the 12th I should be good to request on my MR, hoping for a quick turnaround. 

Good luck with yours, hope it comes soon!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 128 of 1,526
RASULL12
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RASULL12 wrote:

I would say be prepared for a good 72-hour wait yes It was on the weekend but the last time I requested an increase was the weekend too and it wasn't long at all so I don't think that was the reason. 

Message 129 of 1,526
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@designated_knitter wrote:

Well, they did the hard pull and it was denied because it was too soon.  I would still try to recon on the grounds that it is no longer too early.  

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... except, perhaps saving a hard pull and coming up with more data for everyone... which is what this board is about.

Has this been tried before and has it been established as biblical canon that it wouldn't work?  

It seems like there are all these rules that people treat as if they are set in stone.  But, at least in my case and @Anonymous 's case, we broke through one of them (thou shalt not be approved before the 3rd full statement.)

They never said there was a hard pull. Only that they applied for a CLI and it was denied. Since CLIs are currently soft pulls there's no need to make it bigger than it is. They simply have to wait a couple of days and try again 

Message 130 of 1,526
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.