Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Im still trying to find out what the heck the 91/3 rule is.  (NFCU)

I have a checkings/savings, and the Amex ($7300/with no util.)

ANy help will do, have a great day!!

(thinking about gardening soon).

@Anonymous, 91/3 = (91) days and (3) full statements.

More reading for you here;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/td-p/3419729

Message 15211 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always been confused about that.  Why is it 91 days and 3 full statements?  Wouldn't the 3 full statements cover the 91 days portion, since it would be 3 full billing cycles and it appears that the 3 full statements trumps the 91 day portion, anyways?

For example, I've seen instances on here where someone was 91 days but not 3 full statements and they did not qualify yet.  So why isn't it just called the 3 full statements rule?

I am probably overthinking it but really wanted to see if there was a legit reasoning behind it.

Message 15212 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 thanks a million!!

Message 15213 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 thanks a million!!

@Anonymous, You're WelcomeSmiley Happy

Message 15214 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have always been confused about that.  Why is it 91 days and 3 full statements?  Wouldn't the 3 full statements cover the 91 days portion, since it would be 3 full billing cycles and it appears that the 3 full statements trumps the 91 day portion, anyways?

For example, I've seen instances on here where someone was 91 days but not 3 full statements and they did not qualify yet.  So why isn't it just called the 3 full statements rule?

I am probably overthinking it but really wanted to see if there was a legit reasoning behind it.

@Anonymous, Per NFCU's rules .. it has to be (3) full statements, and 91 days have to pass.

Sometimes the first statement is not a "FULL" statement and therefore does not count towards the 91/3.

If you do not meet NFCU's criteria, then it is a denial.

Hope this clarifies?

Message 15215 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I know there's an entire approval thread but I just got approved for my 1st NFCU Amex ($7300) so my 91/3 starts.  But my question is, does the 91/3 start the day I got approved or the day I activate the card? 

So many horror stories of people applying too early. 

I'll be gardening for sure after I attempt a 2nd CC and CLI on original Amex.

My TU (which they pull) at time of approval was 702

Message 15216 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I know there's an entire approval thread but I just got approved for my 1st NFCU Amex ($7300) so my 91/3 starts.  But my question is, does the 91/3 start the day I got approved or the day I activate the card? 

91/3 begins day of approval.

Congrats on that new card!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 15217 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Congratulations!

Message 15218 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Horror stories lol, no , just people jumping  the gun. 🤭 a Horror story would be if you weren't eligble for Navy FederalSmiley Wink

Message 15219 of 17,187
Falcon9
Valued Member

@Anonymous, Per NFCU's rules .. it has to be (3) full statements, and 91 days have to pass.

Sometimes the first statement is not a "FULL" statement and therefore does not count towards the 91/3.

If you do not meet NFCU's criteria, then it is a denial.

Hope this clarifies?

It looks like I may be doing the quote incorrectly.  I just got my first statement about three days ago.  Around 20 Feb 2021 I should meet three full statements plus 91 days.  I will wait another week or so just to be sure and apply for NFCU card #2.  I had considered the More Rewards but I have long had a view that AMEX is not as widely accepted as a Visa or Mastercard.  That view may no longer be valid.  If it is, then I suspect that GoRewards is adequate.

Message 15220 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.