Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Mine just updated, rose 3 points to 756Smiley Wink at one point last year, i actually had achieved 800+ fico 9 but that went to heck with apps and debt loadSmiley Sad.
Message 9611 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Mine just updated, rose 3 points to 756Smiley Wink at one point last year, i actually had achieved 800+ fico 9 but that went to heck with apps and debt loadSmiley Sad.

I wish.. my 4yr old C/O changed the status on my EQ and it looks like i missed a payment but it's been paid for 4 yrs now.   down to 681 Smiley Sad

Message 9612 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Meh, Navy doesnt really care about the fico 9 anyway J. Youll get there. Im tired, i just played a joke on Navy and put in a cli request for $25k on my $500 PlatSmiley Wink. Wish i could see the computers face when it reads my requestSmiley Wink. Wonder when Navy will call to try and have me lift my locks?Smiley Wink
Message 9613 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol please let us know the outcome.
Message 9614 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meh, Navy doesnt really care about the fico 9 anyway J. Youll get there. Im tired, i just played a joke on Navy and put in a cli request for $25k on my $500 PlatSmiley Wink. Wish i could see the computers face when it reads my requestSmiley Wink. Wonder when Navy will call to try and have me lift my locks?Smiley Wink

Lol you went for $25K? Someone in UW is going to have a great laugh. 🤣 

Somehow I hit 707 this month which puts me over my 680 high back in September... I’m considering asking them for an APR reduction but I figure I’ll wait until I ask them for my next CLI. 

Speaking of which, if you PC a card, does it reset your 6 month between CLIs? My More Rewards should be eligible for CLI next month if it keeps the same eligibility date as the original card but otherwise not til August. 

Message 9615 of 17,187
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I caught up to your score! Now, I’m at 755. Before my COs dropped I was stuck at 690 since 2017.

Message 9616 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey @shoegal 🙋‍♂️ Nice to see yaSmiley Happy

@Anonymous , not sure but remember Navy likes to use " There have been recent changes to your account" after you close or transfer limits . That could restart the 6 month rule.

Lol i wish an UW would call and ask why! Id say im trying to stick it to PendreadSmiley Happy
Message 9617 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit ugh I actually wasn’t aware of that reason. I guess I’ll just keep paying it off every month. It’s not a big deal, I’m going to just keep paying that one and BBVA until I get CLIs. 

And yeah, somehow I don’t think UW is going to think that’s a great use of extended credit 🤣 

Message 9618 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I thought I'd report back since I attempted a CLI and 2nd card today at my 91/3. My CLI request went to review, I'm assuming because I asked for 25k which I realize I probably won't get but was hoping for counter offer and my app for my 2nd card, More Rewards........
WAS APPROVED FOR $15,000!!!
It's difficult not to get emotional as I type this because lil ol me didn't have a credit limit above $700 just a few short months ago. I began my credit rebuild and worked my tail off to get my credit profile to what it is now. I feel that Navy is one of the few lenders that takes notice as to our efforts and I'm so grateful. Since February I have been approved for $6,600 Flagship $10,000 CLOC and today $15,000 More Rewards. My CLI is still under review so I will post update when I find out. $31,600 in credit in such a small amount of time is an EXTREME privilege and the knowledge I've gained on here because of all of you is priceless!!!
Message 9619 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous , OutstandingSmiley Happy. Enjoy it. Navy not only extends more than most of us deserve they actually reward us with more than we can actually useSmiley Wink. Go NavySmiley Happy
Message 9620 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.