cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on applying for a credit card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help on applying for a credit card!

Also Dilpat, I believe Barclay has a pre-qualify tool also. It is a little harder to find if I remember correctly.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One classic platinum and quicksilver one rewards. These are the ones they say I'm prequalified for.

EDIT :Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard, Credit Karma says this one is good for me. IT has no annual fee. What do you guys think of it?
I dont feel like paying the $39 dollar fee right now. I saw a $19 capital one card somewhere!

let me stop you right there, credit karma isn't even 100% accurate credit score, and their credit card suggestion is about accurate as an octopus predicting who's going to win soccer match, actually scratch that, octopus is more accurate.

Message 12 of 21
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do apply for both, be sure you do it on the same day so that the inquiry from one application doesn't affect the other application.

Inquiries are updated immediately.  This does not work.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the Capital One Platinum Card. Got approved. Limit is $1000.  Smiley Very Happy

Applied for the Barclaycard too. It's under review! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do apply for both, be sure you do it on the same day so that the inquiry from one application doesn't affect the other application.

Inquiries are updated immediately.  This does not work.

So why do an app spree if this is the case? I did 10 applications in one day(all approved), if this were true I would have been denied on too many inquiries, correct?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for the Capital One Platinum Card. Got approved. Limit is $1000.  Smiley Very Happy

Applied for the Barclaycard too. It's under review! Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your approval dilpat. That is a solid starting limit on a credit steps card and you may see a really good credit limit increase after your 5th statement. You can call Barclay and ask them what is going on with your application. When you call just tell them that you just applied and ask if they would like any more information. They might just need you to verify something and they can get you an approval right away. Good Job!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Smiley Happy I will give them a call.. Should i call Discover guys for a recon when i receive their response within a week?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get your denial letter and see the reasons for the denial jump on myFICO and tell us what they are. It will also have the FICO score they used to reach their decision. If you provide those details members on here will be able to help you decide if a recon is worth another hard pull. Again congratulations on your new approval. Now go call Barclay! haha

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic job!

Message 19 of 21
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So why do an app spree if this is the case? I did 10 applications in one day(all approved), if this were true I would have been denied on too many inquiries, correct?

The purpose of an app spree is to get the apps in before the first tradeline reports and dings you.  The apps need not occur on the same day.   This is why in an app spree you start with the most inquiry sensitive lender first.  For the 10 apps in your case, that count could be as few as 3 inqs per CRA.  That doesn't seem excessive to me.  Even if all 10 were on the same CRA, that still doesn't demonstrate anything one way or the other.  10 inqs isn't always too many, it obviously depends on the lender and your file.  You almost certainly would have been approved for all of them if you had spread them out over 2-3 days.

I would also like to point out that if this trick/urbanlegend really worked for hiding inq's, then we would not be allowed to openly talk about it here.  Just like several of the tricks that really do work.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.