Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next New Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next New Card?

Hi, it's been a year of waiting and now I'm eyeing some new cards!

I want a travel card technically don't need any more cards but like rewards.

I have a prequal for CSP and will apply for that 1st before 5/24. Do I have to wait a while before applying for others to avoid AA?

What else is good? I don't love CAP One but like the Savor and have a prequal. Also looking at the Citi Rewards because I do little charges all the time and AMEX Cash Magnet both have nice 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.

>800 FICO, AAOA is at 3 years 4 months. No baddies, 1 HP on EQ and 1 TU from a year ago, I PIF so utilization is 0% ($100 bal reported).

Current Cards

NFCU 25,000

CF 4500

CFU 13000

BCE 15,500

EVD 20,000

IT 23,500

DC 18,100

COMENITY 2000

My 1st CC 1000 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Next New Card?

All your prospective cards are great. It boils down to what you want most. ThankYou points from Citi? Straight-up cash back from the Savor or Magnet? If you can hit the SUB, and spend a decent amount on dining/entertainment, I’d aim for the Savor. However, the Citi Rewards has no AF and definitely has appeal for small charges. Can’t go wrong either way really.  Let us know what you decide and good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I am going to apply for the CSP now and then I'll apply for one more. Still, haven't decided about the second choice.

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Most likely Savor if you want a good SUB
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably know this but wait a bit after Sapphire approval. Chase likes to do follow up pulls to see if you’re on a spree and they get their undies in a wad if they see other activity. Your profile is strong and likely would be ok but no sense kicking a tiger in the butt.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know to wait but for how long. A few months??

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least 3 I would think. That should be enough to keep them from getting trigger-happy.
Message 7 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Chase has been solid for me, and I don't see why they'd blink if your picked up two cards at once. Your scores are prime and you have a good, thick file going there. CSP is a logical choice to accompany your CF and CFU.

As you already have Amex products, the Cash Magnet would be a soft pull if you were to go that route, but Savor would likely land you a much higher starting limit as you don't have any Cap One exposure yet. Cap One will HP all 3 bureaus though... (You can clearly afford the pulls, just FYI.)

With Citi Rewards, you're getting into the Thank You points system, vs. the UR point system you seem to already have a good footing in. Yes, the card has the "Round Up" feature, but will those points benefit you more than if you kept those charges coming through CFU/CF and pooling them all into UR points?

Decisions, decisions... Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right.. decisions, decisions lol and probably a bit of overprocessing. I was dreaming about apps and strategy last night. This forum is so valuable it helps to process with others!

I forgot to mention my 5 yr old bucketed Cap One QS stuck at $9500 and high af APR which matters less since I PIF but it still irks me. 

I don't love my Amex Everyday so Cash Magnet would get more use and maybe I would reallocate the CL and close it. 

I love my Citi DC but the Thank You points system would be new and potentially less valuable territory. 

Last year when I applied for CF and CFU the 30 day, 7-10,  then verification was too much! I'm dreading the potential wait to know.  But it looks like a good bet and I'm not poking the AA bear.  

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

✔ CSP... Now I'm flirting with the idea of a second Discover. I have a preapproval  0% interest for 14 months then 14% and cash back match!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.