Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

ladyMJ, the front line can be difficult but of course it's not an end all to the the NFCU experience.  They are an awesome CU but there will be an occassional bump in the road to keep you from falling asleep on how great they can be.  Let's hope NFCU sees your increase and BT are not a high risk but a chance to continue to build a professional CU-customer relationship.  Good luck.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2671 of 5,746
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Just want to add a quick data point. I got a $2500 CLI on my cash rewards a couple days ago. I was soft pulled on 12/30 and all the CBs are frozen.

Message 2672 of 5,746
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

Just want to add a quick data point. I got a $2500 CLI on my cash rewards a couple days ago. I was soft pulled on 12/30 and all the CBs are frozen.

Interesting. My reports are frozen too. Was wondering about that when requesting a CLI when my three months are up.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing that bit of info!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2673 of 5,746
USF813
Frequent Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

Interesting. My reports are frozen too. Was wondering about that when requesting a CLI when my three months are up.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing that bit of info!

Yeah I guess that kills my theory that you have to pull the trigger within 30 days of the soft pull. I keep getting invitations to apply for a car loan too.

Message 2674 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

ladyMJ, the front line can be difficult but of course it's not an end all to the the NFCU experience.  They are an awesome CU but there will be an occassional bump in the road to keep you from falling asleep on how great they can be.  Let's hope NFCU sees your increase and BT are not a high risk but a chance to continue to build a professional CU-customer relationship.  Good luck.

Thanks. Definitely.

I think was at their max internal limit electronically. Good news, they did move me up 2000 to bring my CC to 7K. With my Nav Loc at 15K, I'll take this small bump and take a seat and keep building. I'll revisit my NFCU situation next year when I have higher scores and better overall Util.

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 2675 of 5,746
JadaBump
Established Member

How soon after a CLI denial can you reapply for CLI? Is it the standard six months or can you try again after 90 days? 

IN THE GARDEN 4/30/14 TIL 4/30/16
STARTING FICO SCORES 5/13/13 EQ 449, TU 438, EX ?
FICO SCORES 4/18/14 EQ 753, TU 726, EX 770
Message 2676 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JadaBump wrote:

How soon after a CLI denial can you reapply for CLI? Is it the standard six months or can you try again after 90 days? 

I would wait for the next AR so last one was 12/30, next one should be somewhere around 3/31

Message 2677 of 5,746
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Thanks. Definitely.

I think was at their max internal limit electronically. Good news, they did move me up 2000 to bring my CC to 7K. With my Nav Loc at 15K, I'll take this small bump and take a seat and keep building. I'll revisit my NFCU situation next year when I have higher scores and better overall Util.

Congrats on the CLI.  It may not be the increase you wanted but it is a small victory.  Good luck on the continued building phase.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2678 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, im pretty new here and i discovered thid thread. I just became an NFCU member and applied for the nrewards (unsecured)  and was apporved with a nice starting limit. My question is, should I apply for another card?; Ask for a CLI?; apply for CLOC/navcheck?; or just siy tight and ride it out. Im trying to boost my score by 30 point so i can purchase a property before march/april. Suggestion would be nice! Smiley Happy

Message 2679 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Apply for $15k checking line of credit, they will counter if not full amount
Message 2680 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.