Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbitz Rewards 10 day message

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Orbitz Rewards 10 day message

Just applied for the orbitz rewards credit card online through comenity. Received the old "further review, you will be notified by mail in Ten days" message. Sound like a "decline?"  Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Orbitz Rewards 10 day message

Call in and ask if it's any other info you need to provide.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also try to create an account for that card.  You can do it based on personal info

Message 3 of 13
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Thank you both for your replies. I will do that 

Also @ Irish 80, i noticed you have a Pay Pal Credit account. I was approved for a similar account, but i heard conflicting stories about them NOT reporting to the CRA's. What has been your experience?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Thank you both for your replies. I will do that 

@Also @ Irish 80, i noticed you have a Pay Pal Credit account. I was approved for a similar account, but i heard conflicting stories about them NOT reporting to the CRA's. What has been your experience?

They don't report  unless  it's bad :-/

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that too when I applied for mine. they will send you letter asking you to call'em for verification, you gotta answer some stuff that's on public record, answer all correctly and they'll approve you right away.

Message 6 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Don't waste your time calling in.  There's absolutely nothing Comenity will do until that magical letter arrives and is in your hands!

Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

Don't waste your time calling in.  There's absolutely nothing Comenity will do until that magical letter arrives and is in your hands!

Exactly.  The'll need the reference number from it.  Also, worth noting, they do not reconsider a declined decision unless the decision was based on requiring additional verification.  It's very, very rare when they overturn decisions.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Orbitz easy to get approved for? Should I apply now or wait til inquiries drop off? I have 30 and 9 are due to drop in January. The rest are old except for the 5 last month. 

Message 9 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Orbitz easy to get approved for? Should I apply now or wait til inquiries drop off? I have 30 and 9 are due to drop in January. The rest are old except for the 5 last month. 

I think it is a little more difficult to get than other Comenity cards.  I would wait for your scores to reach 680.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.