cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC next step for the CC after the account successfully opened... Please advise..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC next step for the CC after the account successfully opened... Please advise..

Hello everyone. I have heard a lot about PNC sweet SL. I have opened the account successfully.

Just needed some advise of Fico experts.

** Preaaproval pops up whe you logi in? ( if Yes, after how long?)

Or at the branch when you visit?

or what's the best way after the account is opened?

and does keeping higher or lower balances in the account makes any difference?

Kindly advise.... Thanks to all 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC next step for the CC after the account successfully opened... Please advise..

There's been approvals for PNC cards without any prior existing bank relationship. This being said though, I have been banking with them since March 2019, 6 months after my checking account was opened, I received a prequel offer on my online account under my offers. I also received an email as well. They pull Experian Fico 9 for the most part.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC next step for the CC after the account successfully opened... Please advise..

@Anonymous wrote:
There's been approvals for PNC cards without any prior existing bank relationship. This being said though, I have been banking with them since March 2019, 6 months after my checking account was opened, I received a prequel offer on my online account under my offers. I also received an email as well. They pull Experian Fico 9 for the most part.

did you apply? 

and isn't the Exp is a soft pull for their CC?

please share if any info avail.

thanks 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I applied and was approved for $12,500. My experian Fico 9 at the time was 696.

It was a hard pull on experian. Their CLI are soft pulls but apps are always HP

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just to clarify OP, the offers that may pop up as a PNC customer are not pre-approved, not in the sense like Regions, Capital One or Chase, for instance.

Depending on your banking relationship, you'd likely see 'pre-selected' offers, which are not the same. Potentially, if your profile is fairly solid and can support it, then you can still be approved whether there are offers or not.
Message 5 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Just to clarify OP, the offers that may pop up as a PNC customer are not pre-approved, not in the sense like Regions, Capital One or Chase, for instance.

Depending on your banking relationship, you'd likely see 'pre-selected' offers, which are not the same. Potentially, if your profile is fairly solid and can support it, then you can still be approved whether there are offers or not.

I'm interested in hearing your take as to what criteria to apply in order to identify these 'pre-selected' offers as not emperically being preapprovals.   Every one I have received from them has been identified as a 'pre-selected' offer but which includes both a fixed APR and opt-out language.  Opt-out language in part outlines that the offer of credit is based upon information in your credit report. 

I'm also not aware of any legal or universally-agreed-upon definition within the financial services industry as to what constitutes a preapproval, a prequalfication, or a preselection.  "If it walks like a duck..."

To add a data point to the confusion, I have a single mailer from Eastern Bank that tells me on the same page that I have been preselected for a personal loan, prequalified for a rate as low as 6.99% APR, with opt-out language telling me that I can choose to stop receiving prescreened offers of credit. 

Thoughts? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they inquiry/new accounts sensitive?
And how long after CLI have been granted ?
Message 7 of 13
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I think the difference in language is "as low as". I have 2 different card offers from Citi right now that say I'm preapproved for 17.24% and 17.49% respectively - both of which are the lowest rate the card offers. Neither give a range or "as low as" which implies that it could potentially be higher.

P.S. is possible to quote on mobile?

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 8 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:
I think the difference in language is "as low as". I have 2 different card offers from Citi right now that say I'm preapproved for 17.24% and 17.49% respectively - both of which are the lowest rate the card offers. Neither give a range or "as low as" which implies that it could potentially be higher.

P.S. is possible to quote on mobile?

Three dots on top right, select Desktop site.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your question I’ve heard they can be inquiry sensitive but ymmv. CLI are generally every 6 months unless they auto you sooner.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.