Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal cli denial reason?

tag
Jojo567
Valued Member

PayPal cli denial reason?

I applied for cli on my PayPal cash back card. The reasoning for the denial is "Unfortunately, because we could not verify your information we are unable to grant your request." I unlocked my credit file before applying, the only other thing that I would think could cause this is the fruad alert I have on file. But it doesn't even show my score. Can someone explain what would cause this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal cli denial reason?

This happens alot to me. I have a fraud alert and even when i know i had unlocked my TU, smashing the button will often get me that reason. No clue why...sigh....when you want a cli , make sure your TU is unlocked and call Credit Solutions. Aim high and see what fallsSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if unlocking your report ahead of time before apping would make any difference instead of doing it right before?
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Technically it says you wait a couple minutes to allow unlock to go through. Probably best to give it an hour lol to be safe.( imh)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the fraud alert held me up many a time
Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Is EX frozen?  Synchrony likes to tap EX from time to time

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

Is EX frozen?  Synchrony likes to tap EX from time to time

For CLIs?  Typically, yes for new apps, but I've yet to see any SPs on EX for CLI requests...and I have several CCs with them.

@Jojo567, what CR did they access based on the denial? 

Message 7 of 8
Jojo567
Valued Member

TransUnion
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.