cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed - glitch or mistake on their end?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed - glitch or mistake on their end?

So yesterday in the mail I got a mailer from PedFed with a preapproval (not a prequalification) for the PCR, including a 16.99% fixed APR and an acceptance code. I did some reading on here about approval stats and various DPs on F9EQ score, inquiries, etc, and my profile looks good for approval.

I logged in this morning to accept and start the relationship...and it told me it couldn't find my offer code, as if it were an invalid code. I tried twice more, doublechecking everything, but no luck. I will call them to process it all on the phone if I need to, but I wanted to see if anyone else has insight or experience with this?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed - glitch or mistake on their end?

@Anonymous, When I received the prequal mailer last year, everything went smooth,

It was a solid offer .. as I was  approved.

I do know they are in the process of upgrading to a new system, so that could be the glitch?

Calling would probably get it resolved,

Wishing you a great outcomeSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

No feedback on the glitch. I do not know. Good luck on your application!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I'll call them in the next couple days and follow up with the results.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that was easy and I feel dumb now. What I thought was a "1" in the code was a capital letter "I". Retried it, entered my info, and got this. I'm not mad at all - good SL for me (I only have two cards larger than this), and I have zero prior relationships with them.

F4D75450-14F7-4264-B0CE-0EBC0703CF84.jpeg

Message 5 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! It's a great 2% card if you meet the requirements.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw that for sure. Since wisdom says they reuse your initial pull (which I haven't gotten yet but expect in the next day or so), I may see if they'll refinance my car loan I opened in May. If so, I'll direct-deposit the funds for the loan and that'll meet the checking deposit requirement to get the rewards up to the full 2%. 

I've got some online legwork to do today Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  All you need in an Access America Checking account correct?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

There's been some reports in the approvals forum for card and auto loan, card and personal loan, card x 2 approvals. The possibilities are out there. However, I would always expect another EQ HP.

For your reading pleasure. Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. I'll likely do all that on Monday. Due to application becoming approval, I'm asking @Remedios  or @Gmood1  to lock this thread for continuation in Approvals.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.