Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Never Hard Pulled After App?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Never Hard Pulled After App?

Weird.  Does Penfed sometimes not HP when you apply to join?  Or do you need to apply for one of their products before they do a HP?

I joined yesterday, but I still haven't gotten an alert about any inquiries hitting my report.  When I applied to NFCU the other day, and for a CLI with Boa, I got emails almost immediately from CreditKarma and later from MyFico.  

I mean, I'm not complaining - especially since I haven't decided if I want to apply for a card with them, but I thought it was strange.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed Never Hard Pulled After App?

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird.  Does Penfed sometimes not HP when you apply to join?  Or do you need to apply for one of their products before they do a HP?

I joined yesterday, but I still haven't gotten an alert about any inquiries hitting my report.  When I applied to NFCU the other day, and for a CLI with Boa, I got emails almost immediately from CreditKarma and later from MyFico.  

I mean, I'm not complaining - especially since I haven't decided if I want to apply for a card with them, but I thought it was strange.

There may be a delay in your monitoring service that alerts you to changes within your report...while nothing is certain I do believe that within a little bit you'll get an inquiry from PenFed.  I know there have been many lenders who some has escaped an HP (Discover for me) but I don't believe I've ever read of someone getting a SP on join from PenFed.  Nothing saying it isn't possible and hopefully you can prove my experience wrong because that'd be great if folks could join via SP.  Do chime back in and update.  Thanks!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be a mute point if I apply for one of Penfed's cards today - I imagine that at least will force a HP!  Haha.  I just think it's so odd that 20 hours later I've yet to see an inquiry hit.  The only reason I'd rush to apply today is because my new NFCU card should hit my reports soon, and I've heard that Penfed is new account sensitive.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update - they finally dinged me last night!  I guess I should take advantage of it and apply for something, haha.

Message 4 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update - they finally dinged me last night!  I guess I should take advantage of it and apply for something, haha.

Figured it'd show up soon enough...thanks for chiming back in and letting us know.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.