cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed requiring notarization, is this standard procedure?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Penfed requiring notarization, is this standard procedure?

Seems a bit inconvenient IMO. It's for a pending joint credit application, at first they stated a guarantor form would need to be sent in and notarized if the guantor is not a Penfed member. So rather than having to go get it notarized we signed up for an additional Penfed membership. After sending the form in they said they don't have the guarantors signature on file so it will need to be notarized anyway.

Guess we'll have to go get it notarized lol, seems like a bit of a hassle/overkill. Hopefully they don't reject the application after all of this.

EDIT: No point, applied for another card (nonjoint) and denied with reasons: too many new accounts, too many accounts with balance (weird, I'm only using 10% of available credit)

4k          6k         2.2k       10k         2k          1k           3k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed requiring notarization, is this standard procedure?

I had the same problem, wanted to join but they needed me to notarize passport and proof of address. I was overseas and has to pay a notary to get it done.

After all the hassle I was denied for a secured (!) credit card.

They also pulled my TransUnion credit report, they promised me to only pull Equifax. When I called them that I'd like to have it removed I was told "What grief are you having from the inquiry?"

I'm never doing business with them again.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 2 of 4
Established Member

that seems like a lot of work for a credit card.. if you REALLY want the card, then obviously do what they say.. but if you can go without it.. then why go through the hassle?

Current TU Fico: 755 Goal: 800 Club
Message 3 of 4
Super Contributor

@Rolex wrote:

Seems a bit inconvenient IMO. It's for a pending joint credit application, at first they stated a guarantor form would need to be sent in and notarized if the guantor is not a Penfed member. So rather than having to go get it notarized we signed up for an additional Penfed membership. After sending the form in they said they don't have the guarantors signature on file so it will need to be notarized anyway.

Guess we'll have to go get it notarized lol, seems like a bit of a hassle/overkill. Hopefully they don't reject the application after all of this.

EDIT: No point, applied for another card (nonjoint) and denied with reasons: too many new accounts, too many accounts with balance (weird, I'm only using 10% of available credit)

Good to know this. Wife is a Notary Public.

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.