Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning on getting the United Explorer, have some questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Planning on getting the United Explorer, have some questions

good morning everyone, have a couple of questions in preparation to applying for the United Explorer card, I recently applied for a total of 5 cards in the past 6 months and all of them were approved, one of them being the Chase Amazon prime, now I understand Chase has that 5/24 rule in place, so I already know I'll have to wait. My question, will using my Amazon card more often increase the chance of getting approved for the United card by chase? Let's say good use and payment history for a few months then go to a local Chase office and check for offers? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: Planning on getting the United Explorer, have some questions

I think it would be more helpful in getting approved by using all your new cards wisely.  There have been DP's that show Chase does like an established relationship.  But when it's time to apply for the card, Chase will look at your overall profile as opposed to just the Amazon Chase card.  From what I've read, established relationships were checking and/or savings accounts, investments and other products that Chase offers.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.