Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible application spree after closing

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Possible application spree after closing

To make life easier for you, after you close and before you app, notify all the CRBs of your new address. It will make life a little bit easier

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 15
MissEngineer83
Established Member

@ChargedUp wrote:

After seeing your list of card in your other thread, I recommend staying away from any more store cards. (Especially Comenity/Synchrony).

These are holding you back on growing your better cards and getting other cards unsecured. Banks tend to look down on a profile with too many store cards vs. bank cards.

I completely agree. I wish I could get a large increase so i can buy what I need. This is pretty frusrating.

Message 12 of 15
MissEngineer83
Established Member

@Meanmchine wrote:

To make life easier for you, after you close and before you app, notify all the CRBs of your new address. It will make life a little bit easier

Will do! But may I ask, what does that do?

Message 13 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@MissEngineer83 wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

When you app for a card with an address that doesn't show up on your CR's, lenders tend to get nervous about fraudulent apps nowadays. Having your updated address present on your reports will save you the headaches of needing to prove your new address to most creditors.

Message 14 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@MissEngineer83 wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

When you app for a card with an address that doesn't show up on your CR's, lenders tend to get nervous about fraudulent apps nowadays. Having your updated address present on your reports will save you the headaches of needing to prove your new address to most creditors.

What he said

Also, if you will be changing phone numbers, you should do that at the same time

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.