Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Pop-Ups

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Pre-Approval Pop-Ups

How do these work? How do you get the pop-up to happen? And what stores do this?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval Pop-Ups

Sorry but links to that site are not allowed.

Ron.

Message 2 of 4
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Its all on the forums Smiley Very Happy

Link to the store list (horribly outdated, but has a link to comenity site on it)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NEW-UPDATED-LIST-for-Comenity-Bank-Store-Cards...

and I cant find the link on how to

First, turn off pop up blocker.

Go to an online participating comenity retail store.

Add an item to cart.

Click to check out.

SIgn up and create an account or login as guest, some claim it works better with having an account. (i always do guest)

Fill out your shipping info, click to go to the next step (billing)

On the billing  page when it asks for your credit card information is when you get the popup.  If you see the page asking for credit info and there is no popup, you werent pre approved.  Be sure to check the top of your browser (usually top right) to be sure it doesnt say Pop up blocked.

Seems victorias secret and express are the main 2 most people get first as they are the easiest.

*edit*

mispelled browser Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Girac
Regular Contributor

Overstock.com is a good one, just add items to your cart and start the checkout process as a guest. You have to be opted-in to receive these offers, also allow pop-ups from your browser.

I received a 6500 store credit limit and once i loged in, i hit the luv bitton for an extra 300 lovin.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.