Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved For Amex Platinum

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved For Amex Platinum

@Anonymouswrote:

@adelphi_skywrote:

Anyone feel like the $5000 spend in 3 months is a bit excessive? They already have the highest AF, they are shooting for the highest minimum spend as well?

I honestly don't think it is, but that is just my opinion :-).  In my case when i got this card, i had to spend $1666/month which is about what my bills are.  If you don't already spend that much a month on bills, it won't be worth getting as you would have to do manufacturing spending.  Gather all your bills and see if you can come up with that amount/month. Here are mine, just to give you an idea:  NetFlix, water bill, electric bill, cable, cellphone, per insurance? car insurance, home owners insurance, timeshare?, home alarm, groceries, gas, life insurance, HOA fee?

I can definitely meet the spend requirement. Just wondered why there's was one of the highest in the industry. Even the Ritz Carlton card doesn't go that high. I guess they like the transaction fees. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they do
Message 12 of 18
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and took the offer. Got approved. Not surprised there. AMEX likes me. THey give me CLIs and I've been approved for every Amex card I applied for over the last 6 years. Gonna see if I can't squeeze the hell out of those 60k points. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! and congrats!!! Ggot rid of mine last year as i wasn't traveling much. Still have it on display on my closet lol, love the wood piece that comes with it.
Message 14 of 18
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Got rid of as in canceled the card? You didn't just want to PC to a green card or something until you started traveling more then PC it back to the Platinum? 

Message 15 of 18
lexus829
Contributor

is a prequal an email they sent? or mailer? congrats on the approval..
11/2016 - EQ(575)/TU(550)/EX(565) Current - EQ(675)/TU(680)/EX(678) Goal – 700

Message 16 of 18
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

@lexus829wrote:
is a prequal an email they sent? or mailer? congrats on the approval..

I was already an AMEX customer. When I went to go check my BCE account, it popped up as an offer. Literally just after I applied for the Chase IHG card and got approved for 12k. lol  We have Amazon Echos in the house and my wife and I were talking about credit cards. I swear there have been some interesting coincidences lately after getting those Echos. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adelphi_skywrote:

Got rid of as in canceled the card? You didn't just want to PC to a green card or something until you started traveling more then PC it back to the Platinum? 

I downgraded to the green.  I wanted to keep it should i needed to upgrade back to platinum at a later date, but ended up closing the green.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.