Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved for Rakuten Cash Back Visa Card but 7 -10 days

tag
maxgold
Established Member

Pre-approved for Rakuten Cash Back Visa Card but 7 -10 days

I recenrlty received an email from Rakuten it says "Congratulations! You're pre-approved + get a $30 bonus".

I applied the card yesterday but the result was "

Thank you for applying for the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card. You will receive a response by mail within 7-10 days. Please call 1-855-697-4740 with any questions."

Is it a denial or should I call that number to find out?

Thank You!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved for Rakuten Cash Back Visa Card but 7 -10 days

Call or wait... the 7-10 message is usually the FCRA way of saying kick rocks.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 3-5 day message for Synch cards is the most preferable non-immediate approval. Usually means they just need to verify your information/identity.

7-10 days usually means declined.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maxgold wrote:

I recenrlty received an email from Rakuten it says "Congratulations! You're pre-approved + get a $30 bonus".

I applied the card yesterday but the result was "

Thank you for applying for the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card. You will receive a response by mail within 7-10 days. Please call 1-855-697-4740 with any questions."

Is it a denial or should I call that number to find out?

Thank You!

sorry but...it's a denial. those a-holes just denied me too. same message. SMH Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The 3-5 day message for Synch cards is the most preferable non-immediate approval. Usually means they just need to verify your information/identity.

Actually, that's not really accurate.  In my experience with 2 SYNCB pre-approved offers (Cathay Pacific for instance), the 7-10 'splash' message was simply additional verification requirements once I received the snail mail notice. In a variety of cases it can be a denial especially with cold apps, but not always. 

@maxgold, let us know how it turns out for you. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, that's not really accurate.  In my experience with 2 SYNCB pre-approved offers (Cathay Pacific for instance), the 7-10 'splash' message was simply additional verification requirements once I received the snail mail notice. In a variety of cases it can be a denial especially with cold apps, but not always. 

@maxgold, let us know how it turns out for you. 

I was speaking from experience, of personal opinion. So, yes, it may vary but it doesn't make it any less accurate. 

Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sorry OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.