Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved for card , Declined.

tag
JStyleszx
Valued Member

Preapproved for card , Declined.

Scores hovering above 680 but was declined.. Discover It Cash Back. Hard inquiry dropped me to 630s.. Should i take the L? Was looking to bank transfer.

Oldest card is 3 years , youngest is 1 year old. Inquiries 2/24 prior to submitting app. Should i wait a few months & apply to citi bank ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Preapproved for card , Declined.

Hi and welcome to the forums @JStyleszx 

Sorry about the denial, it happens sometimes. Till the HP is done, there is no guaranteed approval 

What is the source of your scores? Where did you see 680 and where do you see 630? 

A single inq would not cause such a drop but a derog might. You sure there is no new derogs or updates to derogatory account between the time you saw 680 and 630, providing we're talking about fico scores 

Message 2 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Call them or wait for the letter and then call them for reconsideration. 

Where are you getting your score?

Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@randomguy1  Disco does not allow recon. 

Message 4 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Ahh. I was mistaken then because I called them for status. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow a 50 point drop for a HP? that doesn't sound right, gotta be something else going on, definitly take a closer look at your reports. Preapprovals aren't guaruntees so situations like this do occur

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion hard pull just made credit monitoring refresh your scores. HP do not lower your scores by 50 pts. I would check reports to see what have changed.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.