Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probability of getting approved for high credit limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Probability of getting approved for high credit limit

Would the fact that I just got approved for a 12k Chase Sapphire Preferred Card when I had a 660 on experian help out at all?
Message 11 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You might want to consider giving some time to elapse before getting another card, like 3-6 months. Chase can be fickle with credit seeking behavior.
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean applying for another card with chase or any card in general to wait?
Message 13 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Both, Chase has been known to do soft pull inquiries after approval. Best to err on the side of caution so you don't spook them.

In the meanwhile, it'll give you that extra time to strategize your application list.
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

3-6 months ?

I was planning on doing this the next month or 2
Message 15 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

It's up to you and the strength of your credit profile.

You can search the forum for
Chase AA
Chase Adverse Action
Message 16 of 31
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

I only type this to possibly help with a candid response, not to be difficult.

Its probably pretty unlikely you'll be able to get that kind of credit extended to you in such a short time with your credit profile.
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank your for your response , why did you say that tho?
Message 18 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

A lot of algorithms "remove" AU accounts from consideration during approval process. That way your profile will evaluated based on it's own merit and not someone else's payment history and limits

AU accounts may be helping you with credit age and utilization, but wont do much in terms of approval. 

Also, you're not even looking for a card that would be useful to you. You're simply looking for "a card, any card" 

So, the next question would be why, because that's completely erroneous approach to building credit. 

Chase will SP after CSP approval. Depending on conditions set at approval, nothing may happen or any flurry of activity may cause them to yank it away. Up to you how you want to proceed. 

One more thing, if your disputes come back validated, your scores will drop. Add that to credit seeking, and the possibility of AA is real. 

Best thing you can do for yourself is to stop applying at this time. I personally do not see your profile as being able to withhold a lot of scrutiny. 

In any case, good luck with however you decide to proceed 

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does chase have to do with the topic?

All I said was I was recently approved for the sapphire. I won’t be applying for any chase cards anytime soon
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.