Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger on Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger on Chase

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and cold app the freedom. Got the "your application needs further review" message. I guess at least it wasn't a flat out denial. According to the credit pull database, Chase is mostly pulling TU and EX for the freedom. Anybody got this message and been approved?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger on Chase

Could be ID verification or that your app needs to be manually reviewed by an underwriter. Doesn't mean you are denied, or likely to be denied.

You can wait it out, or you can call Backdoor tomorrow. Some people prefer calling to have an answer right away, some people prefer waiting it out if they don't want to talk to an underwriter and possibly be asked questions that they do not want to answer.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and cold app the freedom. Got the "your application needs further review" message. I guess at least it wasn't a flat out denial. According to the credit pull database, Chase is mostly pulling TU and EX for the freedom. Anybody got this message and been approved?

I got that message when I applied for Freedom last year using the prequal link.  2 weeks later I received a letter about calling them for verification purposes, called and answered a bunch of questions and was approved.  Hope you get it!!Smiley Happy

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 3 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

If they tell you the app is going through verification, I guarantee that you're approved and that you need to give it some time.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It could just need further review. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I may call them in the morning.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Always call! Find out whats going on.. if its simply to verify info you can do that in 5 minutes.. why wait up to 2 weeks via snail mail? If denied, then recon.. and then if that doesnt work recon again.. and if that doesnt work.. recon again!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Always call! Find out whats going on.. if its simply to verify info you can do that in 5 minutes.. why wait up to 2 weeks via snail mail? If denied, then recon.. and then if that doesnt work recon again.. and if that doesnt work.. recon again!

Be like Nixon? Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha When denied for app.. you always Nixon them! aka recon!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha When denied for app.. you always Nixon them! aka recon!

Recon till they can't say no.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.