Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase and prequals

tag
biff-henderson
Contributor

Question about Chase and prequals

Specifically Chase FF. Was checking my email and there was an offer for the Chase FF directly from Chase, not a 3rd party. I have a checking account with them, and a card I closed in 2012 -- was 10 days late with a payment and they lowered my limit to $500, so I closed it. This is the second offer I've recieved, and I'm curious. Are Chase offers anywhere close to serious or just junk mail? Couldn't locate a prequal page on the site, so thought I'd search here, but no luck. Just old references to a prequal page.

Nor really looking to apply, as I'm in the garden until half my 9 EX HPs fall off. Only 7 showing on TU and EQ. Current;y at 8/24 so normally I wouldn't even consider it. Does Chase do a SP on existing cutomers before dangling offers, or just blast them out?

TIA

B.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Chase and prequals

It is a marketing promotion to apply, not a pre-qualified or pre-approved offer.

The only 'serious' offers are those that would indicate you're pre-approved with either green or black stars, either on your Chase.com profile or their CreditJourney service. The alternative would be via Chase branch, if eligible. 

Chase will pre-screen a variety of customers, but it's anyones guess who will be targeted.

Message 2 of 3
biff-henderson
Contributor

Re: Question about Chase and prequals

That was my guess. I usually use the app, but decieded to log into the webpage. Oddly, the Southwest card was the only card in the "Offers for you" section that said "Respond", and not the freedom Flex. Thankfully I have no interest in that product.

I'll stay in the garden

B.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.