Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU

tag
Jdman
New Contributor

RBFCU

So I joined RBFCU. How long do I have to wait before I can apply for a credit card?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: RBFCU

What is RBFCU first?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Jdman wrote:

So I joined RBFCU. How long do I have to wait before I can apply for a credit card?

You can apply for a Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) credit card the same day you become a member (I did).

Also, FYI, I was initially approved for a $1K starting limit.  After one year of PIF each month and charging 100-200 each month I asked for a CLI (HP) and they increased my limit to $11,500.  A $10,500 increase!  A well spent HP in my opinion. 

Redemptions start at $5 and continue in $5 increments ($5,$10,$15 etc.)

Hope this helps ☺

Message 3 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Jdman wrote:

You can apply for a Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) credit card the same day you become a member (I did).

Also, FYI, I was initially approved for a $1K starting limit.  After one year of PIF each month and charging 100-200 each month I asked for a CLI (HP) and they increased my limit to $11,500.  A $10,500 increase!  A well spent HP in my opinion. 

Hope this helps ☺

When did this start? We have the 2% cashback rewards Mastercard, and the redemption was automatically deposited into our account once a year. We barely used the card last year, so I didn't even notice when the few pennies would have been deposited. The other card, their premier rate one, offers no rewards but a very low apr. 

This is the first I've heard of them changing their redemption method. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

What is RBFCU first?

A credit union geofenced in the south central Texas area. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 11
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Jdman wrote:

Hope this helps ☺

When did this start? We have the 2% cashback rewards Mastercard, and the redemption was automatically deposited into our account once a year. We barely used the card last year, so I didn't even notice when the few pennies would have been deposited. The other card, their premier rate one, offers no rewards but a very low apr. 

I do not know when this redemption method began, but it has been in place since I acquired this card last year (5/19).

Message 6 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

What is RBFCU first?

South Central? Like the hood?

Message 7 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Jdman wrote:

Hope this helps ☺

I do not know when this redemption method began, but it has been in place since I acquired this card last year (5/19).

Interesting, thanks! This makes me think they changed it when they stopped doing the .10¢ cashback for debit card transactions. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

What is RBFCU first?

No. Locations are from San Antonio up the 35N corridor to Dallas. There a few branches scattered a little further from the main locations on either side of 35. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 11
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

What is RBFCU first?

No. Locations are from San Antonio up the 35N corridor to Dallas. There a few branches scattered a little further from the main locations on either side of 35. 

Yea they have been branching out . Gotem in Corpus Christi too.... 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.