Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting too often?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting too often?

While I've had a little bit of luck with Synchrony CLIs recently, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong on the accounts that are consistently denied CLIs.  Is it possible that I'm requesting too often after being denied?  It seems the accounts I'm having luck with I haven't requested any increases in quite a long time, while the ones I am actively attempting to grow get denied over and over again.  How long do you typically wait after being denied before attempting the luv button again?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Requesting too often?

Which cards were you trying to increase and what were denial reasons. Were the denial reasons accurate?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Some Sync cards are harder to grow than others. Sometimes use can help mostly your scores should be rising and with the new Sync, make sure your Experian is on the up and up too. Every couple months I'd recommend calling Credit Solutions as they will use more updated sp review of your accounts than just hitting live button
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been trying to grow PayPal MC, Lowes, Amazon and Belk store cards.  Denial reasons were accurate, too many inquries, length of credit history and 1 baddie.  I have disputed the baddie, however it wasn't removed.  I am at the point where I'm willing to just pay it, however I have no idea who to contact as I haven't received anything on this one in quite some time (it's around 4 years old and didn't realize it was on there).  I had never really paid much attention to what was in my credit file until the last year or so, and my scores have improved quite a bit.  I have also reduced my debt significantly, and proportion of balances to limit is no longer appearing as a denial reason.  I have around 8 inquires that will fall off by July 2018 from the purchase of my car, so I'm sure that will help but there are still a significant number of inquiries in the last 24 months.  I'm officially gardening... well, I'm attempting to.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

How old are the accounts??

My Sync cards took a little aging to get good CLI's but once they're aged (over the 1 yr mark IIRC) and if used regularly they grant increases every 3 months or there abouts. If you wait 6 they're larger but that's just my experience. 

I recently asked for a $2500, increase with Amazon and they gave me $3000. Oops looks like I left $$ on the table. lol

I have Amazon, Walmart, JCP and QVC (don't ask lol my mom loves their clothes and she lives with me so has me do the ordering)

They are all fairly good with the luv button requests.

DP: I have no baddies or late payments, 5 inq's and an abysmal AAOA. scores run mid 700's

Just be patient it will come... 

CHEERS

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon account is the oldest of these at around 5 years.  Belk, Lowes and Paypal MC are all over the 1 year mark now.  I have several Synchrony accounts, the oldest of which is a Care Credit account.  I did get a nice increase recently on the Care Credit account, but none of the others seem to want to budge right now.  I'm trying to remain patient, however I'm getting a bit frustrated.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.