Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Question.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT Question.....

Did the SCT for VS, Overstock and Wayfair earlier this month.  Pulled the trigger on VS.  Thought I'd space out the OS and WF cards.  When I logged into the site, I'm being told I'm still pre-approved.  However, I'm not getting a pop-up, but a banner.

Today, I got a mailer from OS saying I'm pre-approved.  It provided a code that is good for 90 days.  When it said that I was pre-approved for the card, it had an *.  The * indicated "Subject to final credit approval."

So, that all said, if I pull the trigger on either of these, will it be a SP?  Anyone else "circle back" on a SCT and still get the SP?

Thanks.

P.S.  Mods, feel free to move if needed.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT Question.....

I believe its YMMV when it comes to sp pulls and the sct. 

Message 2 of 12
CivalV
Established Contributor

I was preapproved via SCT pop up and while shopping a banner showed my preapproval. When I put my app in I was asked for my full SSN and recieved an HP... 

Message 3 of 12
CBrow
Regular Contributor

Based on the wording, usually when it's subject to final credit approval, it means that they are going to obtain a copy of your credit report (hard pull). Most of the time, pre-approved doesn't mean you're already approved. It's more of a marketing tactic to entice you into applying for their product. 

If you have a previous relationship with them, they MIGHT do a soft pull, but it's never a guarantee. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:

I was preapproved via SCT pop up and while shopping a banner showed my preapproval. When I put my app in I was asked for my full SSN and recieved an HP... 

Which card?  Overstock?

Message 5 of 12
CivalV
Established Contributor

Hey, yes Overstock. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBrow wrote:

Based on the wording, usually when it's subject to final credit approval, it means that they are going to obtain a copy of your credit report (hard pull). Most of the time, pre-approved doesn't mean you're already approved. It's more of a marketing tactic to entice you into applying for their product. 

If you have a previous relationship with them, they MIGHT do a soft pull, but it's never a guarantee. 

I'm researching who they pull now.  It appears to be mostly EQ, sometimes EX.  I do have an existing Comenity card (VS).  Just opened it though.

I'll likely give it a shot.  My name big app won't be until around July and it's a guaranteed TU pull.

Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Most likely its gonna be a EQ HP

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Pretty sure it will be a HP.  No popup; no sct; no chance of dodging the pull.  If you can no longer get the popup (even in incognito) then that boat sailed.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the SCT for VS, Overstock and Wayfair earlier this month.  Pulled the trigger on VS.  Thought I'd space out the OS and WF cards.  When I logged into the site, I'm being told I'm still pre-approved.  However, I'm not getting a pop-up, but a banner.

Today, I got a mailer from OS saying I'm pre-approved.  It provided a code that is good for 90 days.  When it said that I was pre-approved for the card, it had an *.  The * indicated "Subject to final credit approval."

So, that all said, if I pull the trigger on either of these, will it be a SP?  Anyone else "circle back" on a SCT and still get the SP?

Thanks.

P.S.  Mods, feel free to move if needed.

UPDATE: Approved 4/27! Appears to be SP! Here's how I did it:

1) Private Safari browser on iPad (iOS) with history cleared.

2) Loaded SC to do SCT for around $450 worth of products.

3) Though I had previously created an account, I did not log in and checked out as a guest.

4) Entered all my personal information and shipping information.

5) Went back and edited the fields, so everything was inputted manually.

6) Recieved the pop-up!!!!!

7) Entered my full SSN, and annual income.

8) Approved for $750 SL!

So far, no HP reported. It's been almost 24 hours and usually would have gotten a notification by now, so I think I'm in the clear! I'll post an update if this changes.

My only regret was I did this two previous times for bigger ticket items earlier in the day and got the pop-up. I wonder if I had placed a bigger ticket item in the SC, would I had gotten a larger SL? Oh well, if that's my biggest issue, I can't complain.

@FireMedic1 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.