Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU......denied?

tag
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

SDFCU......denied?

I apped for their platinum card this morning and uploaded paystub, ID, and proof of residence.

Got an email 20 minutes ago and asked for 2nd paystub and had me sign all the documents.

I had not completed the whole process yet and I got an email saying I was declined.

Why in the world ask me for a second pay stub and then deny me before I can even give it to you?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SDFCU......denied?

@IaBoy62 wrote:

I apped for their platinum card this morning and uploaded paystub, ID, and proof of residence.

Got an email 20 minutes ago and asked for 2nd paystub and had me sign all the documents.

I had not completed the whole process yet and I got an email saying I was declined.

Why in the world ask me for a second pay stub and then deny me before I can even give it to you?

They are so bad, did that on me too, asked me for more documents but at the same time BEFORE i sent out already denied. 

Message 2 of 14
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

My sister-in-law, who had a long-standing secured credit card with them (that is STILL waiting to be unsecured, even as her FICO is now over 700 for all three bureaus), applied for an auto refi with those folks last year during the height of the pandemic. They had her send paperwork, pay stubs...the works. They even had her set up a video conference with a notary to cross that T for titling purposes.

A couple of days later, they decided to deny her per the usual "too many inquiries" (She had two), late payment (from six years ago), etc. She ate a hard pull and the cost of the notary.

For what they offer, SDFCU isn't really worth the annoyance...not to me, anyway. As always, YMMV.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 14
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

I don't expect anything, but I did send a request for reconsideration and the loan committee is supposed to review the app and then get back to me.....the check status page says "review" now instead of declined.

Time will tell!

Message 4 of 14
nosup4u
Contributor

I have been a member for 4 years now and have a secured card with a 6500 limit and have not been able to get unsecured at this point before I take my last breath I want to get my card unsecured.  I know for me I have to wait till 2023 and I'm going to do it just becuase........ they can go kick rocks with no shoes terrible CU I too ask for a reconsideration and was still denied and on my last app (i've tried 3 times to get this card unsecured ) I also was given the bob and weave on asking for more information and then hit with the BAM fool your denied I didn't even bother trying to get a reconsideration with the loan committee I wish you luck 

Message 5 of 14
jnbowmar
New Contributor

@nosup4u wrote:

I have been a member for 4 years now and have a secured card with a 6500 limit and have not been able to get unsecured at this point before I take my last breath I want to get my card unsecured.  I know for me I have to wait till 2023 and I'm going to do it just becuase........ they can go kick rocks with no shoes terrible CU I too ask for a reconsideration and was still denied and on my last app (i've tried 3 times to get this card unsecured ) I also was given the bob and weave on asking for more information and then hit with the BAM fool your denied I didn't even bother trying to get a reconsideration with the loan committee I wish you luck 

lower your credit limit to under 5000, they dont graduate secured card with limits over 5000.

Message 6 of 14
nosup4u
Contributor

@jnbowmar wrote:

@nosup4u wrote:

lower your credit limit to under 5000, they dont graduate secured card with limits over 5000.

Hey @jnbowmar how do you know this to be true SDFCU is notorious for giving out mulitply set of rules for their lending each time you call 

Message 7 of 14
jnbowmar
New Contributor

@nosup4u wrote:

@jnbowmar wrote:

@nosup4u wrote:

Hey @jnbowmar how do you know this to be true SDFCU is notorious for giving out mulitply set of rules for their lending each time you call 

From personal experience, my own sdfcu secured card graduated after 18 months of improved credit and returned my 2000 deposit.

Another forum member spoke to customer service and was informed by them of the 5000 dollar break point  being able to to graduate, although I have no way of confirming any other secured card graduating than my own,  which again, had a 2000 dollar deposit. 

Message 8 of 14
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

@nosup4u wrote:

@nosup4u  I called them as soon as my 1 year mark hit for my secured card and 2 days later I logged in & they unfroze the $500.00 & put me on the upgraded to platinum unsecured ( graduated platinum ) is what it says on my account so, call them and let them know your card is past the 12 month mark. They were very nice to me and took care of it pretty fast. Good luck !! p.s. they increased my credit line with an additonal $500.00 when they unsecured it. It's at $1000.00 now.

Message 9 of 14
nosup4u
Contributor

Im going to call tomorrow but I can tell you I already know its going to be no a no go for me My last baddies are falling off March 23 so I don't expect them to budge INHO last time I called in to inquire about this I got ................  if your not happy you can always close your account 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.