Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor vs SavorOne SLs + Cap1 Sensitivity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Savor vs SavorOne SLs + Cap1 Sensitivity

Is there any indication that the starting limits on the non-AF vs AF cards differ, specifically with the Savors from C1?

How about the Ventures?

Also, what say my approval odds come June after my first C1 becomes 6mo. old? Is C1 inquiry/new account sensitive?

F8 High 600s probably 700+ by then.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Savor vs SavorOne SLs + Cap1 Sensitivity

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any indication that the starting limits on the non-AF vs AF cards differ, specifically with the Savors from C1?

How about the Ventures?

Also, what say my approval odds come June after my first C1 becomes 6mo. old? Is C1 inquiry/new account sensitive?

F8 High 600s probably 700+ by then.

Paging @Anonymous !!!   ..

He will be along shortly to help you outSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only difference between the AF and no AF versions is the AF versions have higher minimum credit limits. Savor has a $2K minimum and Venture has a $5K minimum.* You can get high SLs regardless if your profile supports it. 

Capital One is sensitive to new accounts. Many have been declined with as little as 3 new accounts in the last 24 months. Since you already have a relationship with them, they can be less sensitive. Check for prequal before burning an inquiry on each bureau. 

*Capital One has been playing with countering with offers that have no SUB, lower limits, and high APRs to those that don't meet the requirements for their cards normally. So a Venture application may turn into a $2K approval with a 26.99% APR and no SUB, for example. It isn't clear how widespread this is yet. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital-one-now-adjusts-signup-bonus-offer-within-application-process...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Savor and Venture are both "prime" cards. Both require "excellent" credit, which they define as around 3 years history, a few accounts, no derogatories, and good to excellent FICO. Those tend to start around $2000 and go up from there. They also have VentureOne and SavorOne which have the same basic standards, usually get the same limits, but have no annual fee and slightly different rewards.

Late last year there started to be reports of relaxed approvals on the SavorOne- but those were often without a sign-up bonus and had limits as low as $500. You may be able to snag that after a year history, just be prepped for a low limit. You'll want to wait about another year to get more into Prime credit territory. Remember that your score is only part of the consideration and overall history is just as important.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.