Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady Capital One CC Applications and Approvals

tag
FrankenBeans
Established Member

Re: Shady Capital One CC Applications and Approvals

@MitchDeerfield wrote:

The next time I apply with CapOne I will tell them on the application that I carry big balances, I promise you.

They probably won't ask you again. I do the CapOne pre-quals fairly often, and they've only asked me once (I messed up and said no). It's unlikely you'll see the question again, unless maybe you use a VPN. Even after clearing cookies, they've never asked me again. 

Message 21 of 26
MikeyMagic
Frequent Contributor

@MitchDeerfield wrote:

It's funny to watch all the people here turn themselves into knots defending Capital One, lol.

There is only one card and it is advertised with a bonus on the pre-approval page of CapOne.

Get Pre-Approved for a Capital One Credit Card | Capital One

They have a sneaky policy of not giving out the $200 sign-up bonus for $500 spend unless they are pretty sure that you are going to use the card and  rack up interest charges.   They can't say it out loud because it might cause legal issues.

Remember, there is only one Quicksilver card, it is described on that link above.

Don't overthink it.  It's really not all that complicated.

No offense but it's obvious at this point you don't want to read the truth and you just want everyone on here to agree with you and tell you that it's all Capital One' fault. At least 6 people explained to you why it wasn't a bait and switch and I am only 6 months into my credit journey and I also didn't think it was a bait and switch based on your explanation.

You were preapproved for a card without the SUB, you chose to apply for a different tier of the same card that you WERE NOT preapproved for and were rejected. Not sure what else there is to argue with people about.

Message 22 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MitchDeerfield wrote:

It's funny to watch all the people here turn themselves into knots defending Capital One, lol.

It's always amusing to see someone so sure that they are absolutely correct that they ascribe bad motives to everyone else who posts with a different view!

See, that's easy enough...

Message 23 of 26
Shannonland
New Visitor

They are so shady! I applied for a the same thing and got approved and I will definitely be taking their $200 and then they can keep the shady card. My credit score with Equifax on the day I applied was 782. When I got the welcome packet the credit score disclosure notice said Equifax reported my score as 654 and therefore they gave an interest rate of 29.99%. I contacted Equifax and they basically said what I suspected and that is that Capital One made up the score themselves. I'm in the process of disputing it with Capital One but I won't be using this card after I purchase a plane ticket, pay off the balance and I pass go and collect my $200. I had planned to roll over a balance but I would rather pay interest than give them a nickel. Shady! 

Message 24 of 26
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Shannonland wrote:

They are so shady! I applied for a the same thing and got approved and I will definitely be taking their $200 and then they can keep the shady card. My credit score with Equifax on the day I applied was 782. When I got the welcome packet the credit score disclosure notice said Equifax reported my score as 654 and therefore they gave an interest rate of 29.99%. I contacted Equifax and they basically said what I suspected and that is that Capital One made up the score themselves. I'm in the process of disputing it with Capital One but I won't be using this card after I purchase a plane ticket, pay off the balance and I pass go and collect my $200. I had planned to roll over a balance but I would rather pay interest than give them a nickel. Shady! 

LOL, I have higher credit scores than you and one of my CapOne cards has an even higher interest rate.  Good thing credit card interest rates are irrelevant for me.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 25 of 26
FicoMike0
Regular Contributor

It certainly is a little sneaky that they offer the same quicksilver card with and without the sub. It's a bait and switch. They pulled it on me about 14 months ago on a qs. Along with their triple pull, they are less desirable. They did just approve a $400 cli with a soft pull, but that's not much. $2500 to $2900.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.